Map Edit Source, Who can make it work?

smoochy boys on tour

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
I'll look on my pc later and see if i do have source, it will take me a while to find it. I cant reply to ur pm as it won't let me :(

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
thats just the old mapeditor source in the GameOfMir Package that Mental hosted a long time ago ;)

i have coded extra objects onto this but it whas back when i still used ledu.

i could release these sources if youd like
all you need to do is change/add some objects

as for you being unable to compile it ..
change the output/build folders in the project
and you will need to add a search folder to Delphix/source where it will search for DXDraws.pas etc

it will give an error
to many actual parameters !!!!
on this code
Code:
pdximg.surface.UnLock(ddsd.lpSurface);
change it to
Code:
pdximg.surface.UnLock{(ddsd.lpSurface)};

this should make you able to compile the sources you mention ;)

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i think he wants to make it so u have some sorta tool to mass edit the light objects for fishin maps

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
well lind/preacher asked cheeky/shorty to edit the mapeditor so could mass edit the light objects for fishin, and i think smavid said something similar to me, and they both chat so id imagin thats wot they both want doin lol

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Smavid from my understanding just wants to get these source working for him so he can advance with his own map editor as he has been learning Delphi but I maybe wrong.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
David , Buy Sams Teach yourself Delphi 4 in 21 days amazing book but i cba to read it atmo ive read day 1 thats it so i know sum basics :) but its really good so far :)

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
David , Buy Sams Teach yourself Delphi 4 in 21 days amazing book but i cba to read it atmo ive read day 1 thats it so i know sum basics :) but its really good so far :)

How about a years worth of Delphi at college, and being one of best in class programming wise :) I was third person in 8 years to complete teachers algorithm, crack it, and expand it :)

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
How about a years worth of Delphi at college, and being one of best in class programming wise :) I was third person in 8 years to complete teachers algorithm, crack it, and expand it :)

some people could learn in a month more then someone could in a year of college, iv always found self teaching things much quicker its why i was ahead at school lol

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Probably wasnt a very advanced algorithm in all fairness though :p

As for delphi, its extremely easy... I stand by what ive always said, if you know the fundamentals of programming you know any language.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
only issue i had was with the wil.pas i replaced it with the latest wil.pas from outtest and it compiled fine.

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
wouldnt mind having a look into this
has anyone got a working link for this please
ta

/nvm working now O.o

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Would it be possible to code it so you can load two maps and attach them together , either side ..Left top bottom or right side..

Would be cool as ive made an mirror image of bichon , just of the left side of bichon province. Ive already made a photoshop image of what it would look like if they were linked as one map..

the picture is here

provincebichon.th.gif

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
why do u ppl insist on makin huge maps... the more ppl u got on 1 map, the more it will lag