SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
60% of lag comes from the server owners bad scripts, fact

lif

Shh, go find me some uber korean map edit :p

Still, even if thats the case, big maps just are not needed.. why build a building to house 5000 people.. when you know for a fact your never reach 1000......... Its just unnecessary time and space to do this for a map on mir.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Dont understand the map i posted is just 20x20 + on bw map, so only just a bit bigger really.

If you look at the files you will see that its the scripts that cause the lag, that why you get like a spike.

lif

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
well bichon wall is 700x700 .. ive just made another 700 x 700 and joined them using photoshop .. so your saying thats pointless .. even if they were coordinate linked ingame

i didnt mean to put it as in the Players pc , i meant the servers pc ....

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
well bichon wall is 700x700 .. ive just made another 700 x 700 and joined them using photoshop .. so your saying thats pointless .. even if they were coordinate linked ingame

i didnt mean to put it as in the Players pc , i meant the servers pc ....

What do you mean by "coordinated link". Are you making the gates look similar on both sides? or Is it actually the same Gate, on both maps?

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
similiar both sides... Same gate would've been better come to think of it ....just made sure there was no black spots during map change

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
similiar both sides... Same gate would've been better come to think of it ....just made sure there was no black spots during map change

What do you mean by black spots??

Making it the exact same gate would have been alot easier, not to mention alot nicer and professional. Ok you get the furthest left side duplicated every left shift you do, but easily limited to just tiles if you go down the side deleting all lights and attributes. Then once tiles are left, thats easy fix once objects are lay down.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
thats just the old mapeditor source in the GameOfMir Package that Mental hosted a long time ago ;)

i have coded extra objects onto this but it whas back when i still used ledu.

i could release these sources if youd like
all you need to do is change/add some objects

as for you being unable to compile it ..
change the output/build folders in the project
and you will need to add a search folder to Delphix/source where it will search for DXDraws.pas etc

it will give an error
to many actual parameters !!!!
on this code
Code:
pdximg.surface.UnLock(ddsd.lpSurface);
change it to
Code:
pdximg.surface.UnLock{(ddsd.lpSurface)};

this should make you able to compile the sources you mention ;)

"[Fatal Error] WIL.pas(6): File not found: 'DXDraws.dcu'"

I'm getting this, i done all you said correctly im sure.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Sorry delete this 1 some reason it posted twice when i was meant to click on edit.

Last edited:

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
If you have the DirextX7 SDK what comes with the Dm2 Sources Installed, you need to set up the directories for the compiler to know where to look.

go Project > Options > Directories / Conditionals > then set you're search path(...) to where the DirectX 7 SDK is.

if u don't know where it is on you're computer search for DXDraws.dcu then set the path to it.

if you can't find it in search means u ain't installed it, so go install it :D

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
If you have the DirextX7 SDK what comes with the Dm2 Sources Installed, you need to set up the directories for the compiler to know where to look.

go Project > Options > Directories / Conditionals > then set you're search path(...) to where the DirectX 7 SDK is.

if u don't know where it is on you're computer search for DXDraws.dcu then set the path to it.

if you can't find it in search means u ain't installed it, so go install it :D

Downloading lom2 sources now, will try Thanks.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
No problem, if u get any trouble with it message me here and i will get back to you.

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
Since theres alot of custom tiles coming out and stuff and we have to keep remaking the current korean tiles i thought it would be good to have a seperate tiles file to have all these in. And since TDs client can read tiles5 i thought it would be good to make use of this. So i decided to make my own lil map editor

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YNPVKEOC

-features

Can read TD's Tile5 /objects 29/30
Can actually lay down tiles from the tile5.wil

-to be done
Need to add TileDetail for Tile5 and to make object editor read the other object files..at the mo just use a different map editor for your object editing.

enjoy