Maps and Teleporting?

smoochy boys on tour

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
If I were to make an entire map just being a town, and if I wanted it the typical rhombus shape (like BW), would I HAVE to close all teh attributes off in each of the map's corners to stop people teleporting there, or is there another way?

I was thinknig in the MapInfo.txt I could set the map to norandommove, but would that solve the problem for RTs and teleport rings?

I was planning on having it so that the entire map is a safe zone (to save PKing in town), and when you cross a bridge out of town it will take you into a particular map.

Would this work? Or will I have to attrib mark out every single space I don't want somebody teleporting to?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
norandommove also stops rt's i think. but their are still other methods. i suggest using mass atrib placer (hold ctrl i think), very easy.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
its shift i think for mass atrib placer...

and it dosent take that long to mass atrib, just put the atribs areound the area, then use the AF tab, will put artibpoints in all the places thats inside or outside the place... so put it around the town and then click outside the town...(hard to explain, trial and error best way to figure out)