maps coming soon

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Seeing as im workin on a server, i will be making some custom maps. Seeing as people will get them any way, i may aswell release. a 300x300 province a 3 floor temple, and 3 floor cave will be released 2nite.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Dude.. post something to show/release, or dont post, why do we need to know this? This isnt a blog entry site.

Why not post when you got images to use? lol.

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Dude.. post something to show/release, or dont post, why do we need to know this? This isnt a blog entry site.

Why not post when you got images to use? lol.

The point in you posting this was exactly ?? summit poped up last night and had to shoot out, sorry i dont put a few maps before my life.. And i always see u moaning about everything.. Who exactly are you ? Why do you think you are god ? And wtf you releasing ? stay off my thread u tit

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Rite been really busy last week, so it aint finished, but thought i would post it ere, so people can tell what looks good and what dont look good, seeing as i aint made a map in well over a year :P

This is the starter map for my server.

Top right will link into a out side canyon map, top left will lead into BichonMines(A new add on) Open dirt spaces are for starter mobs, quests etc. There will be 3 bosses, and 6 SubBosses In the forest.

Last edited:

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
The point in you posting this was exactly ?? summit poped up last night and had to shoot out, sorry i dont put a few maps before my life.. And i always see u moaning about everything.. Who exactly are you ? Why do you think you are god ? And wtf you releasing ? stay off my thread u tit

I think you will find Smavid was correct. All he is doing is trying to stop people posting pointless threads. I will agree, why on earth do we need to know that your going to be making some new maps. Make them, then create a thread with the maps in first post, no need for your original post here.

As it happens though that map isn't too bad. I'd personally remove the trees from on top of the 'cliff' at the top of the map.

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
I think you will find Smavid was correct. All he is doing is trying to stop people posting pointless threads. I will agree, why on earth do we need to know that your going to be making some new maps. Make them, then create a thread with the maps in first post, no need for your original post here.

As it happens though that map isn't too bad. I'd personally remove the trees from on top of the 'cliff' at the top of the map.

Well as we both no, the map section has been dead for years. And the only time I click on It, is if i see a new thread. So by making the thread a few days before releasing a map, will just build intrest.

I am changing the tiles on top of the cliff, so that mite make it look a bit better, Cause I cant really remove them as they are blocking the top left of the map, and if tree's are below cliff the shud really be on top to.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Ah. They should? But how would they get water?

I'm thinking of 'real life', you know what I mean? The top of the cliff has no grass etc, which instigates to me that there is no water source, therefore the trees would not be able to survive.

Yeah, I've seen too much Bear Grylls.

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Ah. They should? But how would they get water?

I'm thinking of 'real life', you know what I mean? The top of the cliff has no grass etc, which instigates to me that there is no water source, therefore the trees would not be able to survive.

Yeah, I've seen too much Bear Grylls.

How would they get water ? maybe rain lol ?

And i did say that i was changing it to grass on top, but you probally didnt see that ?

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Its the starter town, open spaces are for spawns. Top right cave ent leads into BW Mins. Top right is for some quest. So ye a starter map for lvl 1-25 basically :P

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
dont rly like it , probably because im used to bw, good work though a change is a must (Y)

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Point in my post? Point in your post, is the real question. If you wanted to entice people onto the post, you post something like a little preview.. not just "oh i'm making a map, keep look!!!"

Who am i? Im smavid, i make maps, and i have the right to comment, as im one of better maps makers on lomcn? And i do offer quite good advice that other people cant point out????

I sorted my maps out, i got 20 maps to be released when i feel like it.. iceman, killmaster, and omenlom all have a copy, not to mention the 10+ odd maps, in 4H/OS/MR clients.

Oh well im here now, ill offer advice as im in a loving mood :001_wub:

Well as we both no, the map section has been dead for years. And the only time I click on It, is if i see a new thread. So by making the thread a few days before releasing a map, will just build intrest.

I am changing the tiles on top of the cliff, so that mite make it look a bit better, Cause I cant really remove them as they are blocking the top left of the map, and if tree's are below cliff the shud really be on top to.

How are they needed to block the top left? Those trees on top of cliff are not needed atall :S, I think elomeight was on about just ones on top of cliff. Are you on about entire corner or just ones on top? I think the grass on top would look weird, would look better with just boring old cliff tile. You wont see it in game really though.

Trees being below the cliff, would be due to objects overlapping like layers, no way to fix, unless you edit things.

cant say im a fan

Agree, its like cross between province and forest.. but isnt a village :blink: Just an over sized camp?

Looks abit small for 3 Boss's and 6 Subs

Size ?

Your right, is deffo too small, even for a boss n sub boss id say.

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
map is 300x300 more bosses the betta

nearly done, will put download on 2moz.

Last edited:

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
nope and not looking forward to it either, best way is to use a single bush round the edge, then fill atrib. Better that w8ing for map to reload agen n agen. But u probs new that ne ways lol

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
nope and not looking forward to it either, best way is to use a single bush round the edge, then fill atrib. Better that w8ing for map to reload agen n agen. But u probs new that ne ways lol

You will need to check also as fill attrib still leaves 1-2 square pockets around trees.