merchant problem: messed up goods.

smoochy boys on tour

Frost

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2005
hello all, i have this problem with all the merchant that sell things.

for example the drug store, at the top of the page i've set...

%100
+0
+42

and at the [goods] section i've set the following...

(HP)DrugSmall 200 1
(MP)DrugSmall 200 1
(HP)Drugmedium 200 1
(MP)Drugmedium 200 1
(HP)DrugLarge 200 1
(MP)DrugLarge 200 1
(HP)Drugbundle 200 1
(MP)Drugbundle 200 1
(HP)MDrugbundl 200 1
(MP)MDrugbundl 200 1
(HP)SDrugbundl 200 1
(MP)SDrugbundl 200 1

but when i go ingame, other items that are not listed appears... this happens to all my other merchants too. even tho the stdmodes are all correct, the items are all messed up.

can anyone help me?

thanks in advance.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
other items are still in shop because you have to delete the market first before starting the server... without deleting, the shops remember the items from day 1

Frost

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2005
hello... i dont really understand what u said. delete the market? as in the market_def folder? or the files inside? so i have to backup all the files, delete the current ones, then paste it back again?

help please.

thanks in advance.

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Delete the contents of your market_prc and some other file with lots of sav files in it (I can't remember exactly which one - I don't have a copy of the files on me)

Frost

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2005
hello again, yes i have solved this problem. by deleting the .prc and .sav files. thanks alot.

Apostle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2006
How do you edit the sav files? (i dont have any files in market_prices folder??)

Im trying just to figure out how to edit the merchants stores. to change what is in them.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
You edit the [goods] list in the merchant .txt file (at the end)
Anything in the merchants [goods] list is what the shop sells

oh and nice bump, just over a year

BH

LegendOfMir

LOMCN N00B +1
Veteran
:dunce: If U delete .prc & .sav of corse all the merchants rebuild this saved files, from goods, on every reboot, but ... save the price reading from tab Price / itemDB, for .prc and from name in tab Name/itemDB for .sav .
So if U put another new items in the store of merchants , this items are save it in the .sav.... so if U delete this .sav ....what is saled to merchants, are disapear. Is simple. That's the ideea.:fart: