Minimap hlp

Join Discord

Doddsy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 2, 2005
Hartlepool
aye sussed it go use FILE > Save as bmp in editor thn use paint open it and IMAGE > strech/screw to 25% and both then import to MMap will

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
Erm ive tried with HH8 and mini wouldnt show up lol, ive probs went wrong sum where, ill go over the steps agen and see where i went wrong.

Reactions: virus

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I'll give you guys a step by step on how to make a minimap work.

Step 1
Actually have downloaded HH8 viewer and have a saved image of the map you want to be a minimap. (type in the search, HH8 viewer and it'll come up)

Step 2
Open up the image in paint press control + w and the stretch and skew. Only stretch the image down too 25% horizontal and vertical. This makes the minimap the perfect size for the game.

minimaphelp.jpg

Step 3
Save the new image anywhere you want (mirserver probs best). Then open up HH8 viewer and open up the mmap file (minimap). After its loaded click the "add" button and then on browse. (look at screenie) Having clicked on it, search for the file you want to upload (the new image you saved, making sure its the smaller one you made).

lol-1.jpg

Click open, and make sure out of add and function that add is ticked. Then press Ok. Some korean stuff comes up, just click the button. The reload the mmap.wil. It should be at the bottom of the minimap pictures.

Step 4
Now too add it into the game. Simply copy the new mmap.wil into the data folder of the client your using. (not in your mirserver folder, the mir2 client).

Step 5
Now open up the MapInfo table in your SQL database (providing your clever enough to have set this up, many guides on how to do this, search button is your friend) Add the new minimap name with the picture number that your minimap is in the mmap.WIL file. And remember when adding minimaps to Mapinfo table in SQL add +1 to the wil number.
(pic#21 in hh8 viewing, then 22 is number you use for sql)

If i've missed anything out. Do say. Hope this helps ya :)

/kizza

Last edited:

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
And remember when adding minimaps to Mapinfo table in SQL, to add +1 to the wil number.
(pic#212 in hh8 viewing, then 213 is number you use for sql)

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
this is bugging the hell out of me tbh i have tried and tried it just don't seem to work for me i have the main map working but the mini wont work i have added it into all the right places but yet it work come up

i have added it to the db i have added it to the client with h88 i have re sized to 25 25 but i am realy confused on the db info ................. my mini mao number in the wil file is 00225 so i placed it in data as 225 like u said add 1

exsample so far

mirhome is the main map name and also the mini map name

fld map file name = mirhome
fld filed name = mirhome
fld service index = 0
fld minimap = 225 (as in wix/wil file )
fld town map = <null>
fld flags = safe

any ideas?

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
this is bugging the hell out of me tbh i have tried and tried it just don't seem to work for me i have the main map working but the mini wont work i have added it into all the right places but yet it work come up

i have added it to the db i have added it to the client with h88 i have re sized to 25 25 but i am realy confused on the db info ................. my mini mao number in the wil file is 00225 so i placed it in data as 225 like u said add 1

exsample so far

mirhome is the main map name and also the mini map name

fld map file name = mirhome
fld filed name = mirhome
fld service index = 0
fld minimap = 225 (as in wix/wil file )
fld town map = <null>
fld flags = safe

any ideas?

also any ideas on deleted duplicates i did one by mistake and i dont really want to have to replace table i have atm with older one as i never back up in past few days

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
my mini mao number in the wil file is 00225 so i placed it in data as 225 like u said add 1

fld minimap = 225(as in wix/wil file )

were's the +1 u said u added ? try put fld minimap = 226(225(wix)+1)

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
i manage to get it working again >< but now the image does not show up

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
sorted i just added a new mmap file and re added images, works fine now :P
Thank you for the help