Mir 4 in Development?

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Came across this image today while browsing for Concept Art

While viewing the image something jumped out at me, in the left hand corner of each concept sheet its titled "MIR4"

i followed the image back to its source (which turned out to be a studios portfolio) and after some translating it was also titled as "Legend of Mir 4" this is clearly a wemade project and nothing to do with that of the recent shanda updates.

Could it be a typo? possible, but it would be very difficult to make the same typo 9 or more times on each sheet.

now iv been out of the loop with mir2/mir3 for a while (i dont follow the recent official updates) so maybe someone can shed some light on some of the areas depicted in the art, are they part of a recent/upcoming patch to one of the clients?

another thing i should point out is this artwork is dated 2011.11.25 so its under 2 years old, which is even more promising that they could be working on a new game.

f75e72c2cbc36b20b8b7f77.jpg

ps u will need to zoom in abit, or check the source link - http://www.studiogage.com/xe/portfolio_2011/888

Last edited:

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
That is several pictures put together, each of which states 'Mir4' in the corner, so, a typo? no.
As it states on the studio gage website it is title 'Legend of Mir 4'

The only thing is that I cannot find anything at all linking studio gage to wemade.(apart from the fact they have the wemade image on their website next to that image)

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Looks like its heading back towards mir1.
I'll be sticking to mir2/3 I think :)

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
That is several pictures put together, each of which states 'Mir4' in the corner, so, a typo? no.
As it states on the studio gage website it is title 'Legend of Mir 4'

The only thing is that I cannot find anything at all linking studio gage to wemade.(apart from the fact they have the wemade image on their website next to that image)

difficult to link anyone or anything to wemade though in all honesty, Studio gage seem like a creditable source judging by some of their clients the likes of samsung/LG, and also working on another wemade title Ned online.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i wouldn't put it past wemade to be ready to release the next mir game. unfortunately i doubt this time around they will release it to american / european audience.

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
If they're a studio that does mobile games, wemade have been making a lot of phone games recently it seems. maybe they're doing it as a mobile mir?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I've looked through their site and couldn't find any more reference to it, so maybe this was just concept art they passed to wemade for an idea that was never taken up (or taken by another company)

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
If they're a studio that does mobile games, wemade have been making a lot of phone games recently it seems. maybe they're doing it as a mobile mir?
i believe they already have 1, or might be shanda (cant recall), but could be possible they have announced they plan to produce 40 mobile games for 2013.

i just think if they was going to release a 4th Mir, which has always been a pc platform game for the past 3 version, they wouldn't suddenly release the 4th version as mobile only.

Far said:
I've looked through their site and couldn't find any more reference to it, so maybe this was just concept art they passed to wemade for an idea that was never taken up (or taken by another company)

i dont think a company would just submit concept sheets in an attempt to start a 4th generation of a game, they would of pitched a new game at least.

wemade would of commissioned the concepts, which usually would be during later stages of a project
as the initial stages/concepts would be drawn up by inhouse concept artists, then generally they only outsource work if they are approaching a deadline or don't have enough in house staff to complete by the deadline

that's what most company's do anyway.

Last edited: