Mir Atlantis [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
www.MirAtlantis.com ( currently under construction )

Hello, my name is Josh and I would like to take the time to give you a rough idea what our server is all about.

Our server is Medium Rate ( x15 EXP ) Now before i turn off all you high rate players we have taken many steps to improve entertainment while levelling. Levelling on our server is not just a simple grind hack and slash ( unless you want to ) We have introduced an Epic Quest System for each class, these quests are somewhat intertwined with each class providing the player with a very cool story along with a goal to reach every 5 levels. Doing this makes the levelling bearable for just about anyone especially real RPG players who appreciate story lines and quests.

Items on our server while I admit they are not Perfectly Balanced are pretty darn close. Upon creation your character is provided with an Apprentice Kit, Potions and a Candle. These items level up every 7 levels up to level 28, you also get a reminder message when you reach level 14,21,28 to take off and put back on the items for the new stat bonuses. We also have 2 kits available in the shops the first kit gets you level 30,35,40,45 and the second kit is level 45,50,55,60 these items also vary in stats and are class specific, some have high dc/sc/mc/acc etc.. and some are more balanced with ac/amc as well ( just like the old gold bracelet's on euro )

Drop rates have been tuned up a little bit since we are no longer a high rate server items such as heaven/hell/mir/devil no longer drop regularly, they are considered rare items. High level encounters such as the Devil and Dark Devil etc.. have increased drops as it is meant to be a group encounter, so people don't camp a boss for 2 hours and leave empty handed.

Respawn rates have been revised in most dungeons, our last respawn tables were done lazily now there is about 200+ respawn values on each floor on average. Basically this means small cluster of monsters will respawn as they are killed in effect making them respawn faster in small groups instead of several mass respawns.

Levelling areas are almost euro like with the exception of bichon mines. We have also added a @help command which provides players with levelling guides based on their level, upon character creation a window pops up telling you to visit the Tutorial NPC and tells the character about the @help command. Visiting the Tutorial NPC provides the character with a starting level of 7 and a apprentice kit which i had mentioned before. Further information on levelling areas will also be added to our website for quick reference or for individuals who just find it easier to read on the internet.

Cave Teleports are available to most caves aside from the high tier caves such as ice temple. Visit the Sigal NPC located in the centre of most Villages/Towns. Caves have also been made more interesting the level and hunt in by adding Task NPC's to most of the popular hunting dungeons with nice rewards, usually 3-4 tasks per dungeon such as Clear Task which you clear a floor for a very nice reward, Kill specific amount of monsters, Kill the Boss etc.. Some of these tasks are also repeatable providing endless hours of gameplay.

Group EXP Bonuses have also been introduced to encourage players to group with each other, if you hit the 7 Key you will receive a bonus. The Bonus depends on the size of your group the bigger the group the better the bonus. Players who prefer to solo can also use the 7 Key for an exp bonus which also varies depending on your class with Taoist getting the highest exp bonus and Wizards the lowest (for obvious reasons)

Skills are automatically given to the player upon reaching the required level for said skill, this however excludes drop only skills such as Flame Field, Flaming Sword, Poison Cloud etc.. which are attainable only by killing bosses that are around the level of the skill itself. Some skills are also given out for completing your classes Epic Quests.

Some Epic Quests require help from other classes or just additional characters, these quests are the level 50+ as of course they gradually get harder and harder. Some quests also give additional rewards such as the level 25 warrior quest where you have to kill 20 of each Wooma, 5 Guardians and 2 WT's each race of mob you successfully kill grants you things like an EXP bonus , Attack Speed bonus, Gold etc..
All information regarding Epic Quests can be found on the forums as well in the Quest Section, none of the quests are extremely complicated and shouldn't even require walk through or guides. At any time a player can type @quest if they forget which quest they are on and what they have left to complete for it (specific amounts of kills left etc..)
Another feature is also a Kill Counter which tells the player how many monsters they have left to kill of each type as they kill them.

As for Donations, the only things you can donate for are Pets and Experience Tokens ( up to x5 EXP ) I am not interested in profiting off of the server I only wish for it to cover the costs of the dedicated server and the website.

Our Staff has been carefully recruited to ensure the only GM's we have are capable of doing basically everything server side including scripting and database work. We are not actively recruiting staff right now as we already have 3 Game Masters including myself.

Events consist of minor exp bonuses up to a maximum of X2 exp. In most cases we will simply give players things like EXP Tokens, this way people who work off hours do not miss out on events and fall behind drastically in levels ( which shouldn't happen as the base exp rate will never surpass x2)

The Wall has been completely revamped and renamed The Lost City of Atlantis, the guild that owns this wall gains access to group teleports costing gold that take you directly to most King Rooms. You can also purchase Guards, as well as repair all gates ( there is an inner and an outer gate). War's have a duration of 2 hours to allow the rival guilds time to recruit allies etc.. to overtake the owning guild. This wall is located on an entirely new map it includes 3 Towns as well as the Wall. These towns belong to 1 of 3 Factions which will be explained next.

Factions have been introduced as a sort of Sub-Class, any character upon reaching level 60 can choose from 3 Factions:
Divine
Pacfist
Chaos
Information can be found here http://www.atlantisrising.freeforums.org/choosing-a-faction-t8.html

Our Launch Date is scheduled for February 21st 2012

Client Download information will be posted a few days before Launch.(about 5.5GB via auto patcher, downloadable in 5 minutes on a 100mb line.)

As this post has already been long winded, I will await any questions or feedback and add a solution to this guide.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Join our Facebook Group!

Mir Atlantis

Last edited:

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
A new mir atlantis already ? or is this not related to the other Atlantis that was launched a few weeks ago?

Why not use Heroes or Ruby to widen your range of features and stuff?
Anyways best of luck.

Last edited:

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Long story behind it, but in any case yes it is the same atlantis server we just split off on our own now.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

I'll begin testing the new files not sure which ones yet but for now a stable server is in my best interest.

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

added our new web site to the top post!

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
server was good last time around dedicated gm's friendly community had lost of fun i advise people to give this server a go. come and join the fun here at atlantis. :P

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Haha, ill give this a try. Actually, no i won't because your a money grabbing little turd.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
The donation list is a tad bad :/

Here is a list of Items you can currently Donate for.
Please send donations to [email protected] with the items you want listed in english.
You will receive your item in under 24 hours, Instantly if i am on at the time.
Spells and Slider only GM's that give out the Items.

Heaven Item = £3
Mir item = £10
EvilMir Item = £15
Devil Item = £20
Plato Item = £25
God Item = £30
Lord Item = £40
Protection Ring = £60
Paralysis Ring = £60
X2 EXP Token = £1 ( lasts 20 minutes )
X3 EXP Token = £3 ( lasts 20 minutes )
X4 EXP Token = £10 ( lasts 60 minutes )
X5 EXP Token = £20 ( lasts 90 minutes )

Any items not listed can be negotiated by messaging Spells in game.

Discounts:

5% if you buy 2 items
10% if you buy 3 items
20% if you buy 5 or more items

Esmee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2011
USA
I for one will give it a go!! Had great support in game and understandable the split off to do this on your own. Was a blast and very friendly atmosphere. count me in :)

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt this a MirRevenge based server just with a couple of changes?

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
any info about download link? tomorrow will be online?

server will be live friday all d/l links will be relesed then i do belive

and smidge go cry some were else how u work out he is money grabing i dont no ur still rageing coz u was banned last time? get off this topic if u have noting usefull to say

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
server will be live friday all d/l links will be relesed then i do belive

and smidge go cry some were else how u work out he is money grabing i dont no ur still rageing coz u was banned last time? get off this topic if u have noting usefull to say

Have you heard the reason me and Troller were banned? Haha, silly boy. Sold chars for £25 each and we was banned for Pking? False accusations with no proof of doing what he says. Do me a favour skunk and get your head out your arse.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
tbh i dont care why u was banned dose it even matter now why u was banned? i doubt u would have been banned for pking how come i never got banned for pking then? any ways iam not here to argue but its a bit simple if ur not even going to bother playing y bother posting random crap to flame the topic?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Have you heard the reason me and Troller were banned? Haha, silly boy. Sold chars for £25 each and we was banned for Pking? False accusations with no proof of doing what he says. Do me a favour skunk and get your head out your arse.

I heard you were banned for being grossly abusive?

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
i also heard the same thing were he gets he was banned for pking from i have no ider lol

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
I heard you were banned for being grossly abusive?

I am still waiting for the proof of this. Have you seen proof?

And im not flaming, i was just lead to believe that LOMCN didnt take advertisements from MirRevenge?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

And im not flaming, i was just lead to believe that LOMCN didnt take advertisements from MirRevenge?

About as much as I've seen of your character(s) being sold. Not that it matters, I can tell a troll when I see one..

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
About as much as I've seen of your character(s) being sold. Not that it matters, I can tell a troll when I see one..

I would say check the MirRevenge forums, But its not on there anymore.

And Myth you do realise Troller had my details aswell.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds

mir atlantis has nothing to do with mir revenge no more can u not read boy?

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
smidge ...tbh i wasnt talking to u ...im not being rude in anyway..and no i didnt realise as i got robbed on server n left ... and yes mir atlantis has nuffing to do with revenge but! it is the REVENGE FILES .. i was charged 500£ for them... as me being me i sed DO 1! and started working on heros and i must say I AM A VERY HAPPY MAN :) god bless to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.