Mir? Deceased yet? lol

Join Discord

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
I been wondering what direction mir can take to survive then i realised today when logging on my 3240 x 1920 resolution PC running "Metro 2033" @ 30fps @ a cost of about £4000 i realised exactly why its dead, lol.

2D Hack n slash cant survive anymore, not when a £100 PC will absolutely rape mir now .. lol, people arent limited by hardware, even a cheap pc can run WoW which looks a million miles better.

In the end Eyecandy won over gameplay :'(

maybe if someone made mir more demanding? :O brushed up the gfx or summat? i dunno :eek:

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Wow looks absolutely shocking imo.
Hate the view hate the look of items etc.

Mir is no.1 for me for gameplay even after like 10Years

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Wow looks absolutely shocking imo.
Hate the view hate the look of items etc.

Mir is no.1 for me for gameplay even after like 10Years

mir has no gameplay, its just a standard hack and slash. Try playing legend of mir with only 5 people, you wouldnt bother, its community that makes the game, its basically a glorified chat room.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I agree with mental, alot of Mir players have trouble adjusting to other mmos like wow due to the amount of new features and gameplay they do not understand. Slash an kill/ grinding Exp is boring and repetative.

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
Tbh mir wont die lol been stabbed millions of times n just gets bk up, its too simple of a game to die, its like sayin pacman or lemmings are dead. Far from it imo

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
mir2 usa at tea time is busy atm lol , was dead a year back.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
"Eyecandy" over gameplay?

That's not true at all... Why do you think SNES emulators exist?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
thing is theres no game you can compare mir to, its just simple and effective.

it is how ppl have said, a glorified chat room, the way all your characters can just stand in sz and have a little chat then even have a fight... name some other games u can do that on?

if u wanan do that on wow u gotta go ask them for a fight lol. and not only that, u cant all really stand in dala on wow and have a chat, just dont rly work the same.

i think mirs still got a few years left in it yet

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Wow is very good and addictive once you get into it. I go through stages of playing it constantly, then a good 6months without even logging in.
But it's not a "I've got 30min to kill" game. You need to log on, knowing you have a good few hours.

Mir is a game you can log on for 30min to kill a bit of time

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
Wow is very good and addictive once you get into it. I go through stages of playing it constantly, then a good 6months without even logging in.
But it's not a "I've got 30min to kill" game. You need to log on, knowing you have a good few hours.

mir makes u double post (Y)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

yer gotta agree with this.

wow is a totaly different kind of game as u said... on wow u plan raids that last like 3hrs, u never do that on mir.. and if ne1 trys to make mir like that, it will just be crap

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 3, 2010
The real reason why mir will never die is because whoever hosts it officially will make a lot of money! And if they go under like the euro servers, someone else will host another server. Even if it's very much different it will still be "mir". This is where GamePotUSA has come into play.

Even though the GamePotUSA server is boring and full of exploitable opportunities, they are making a lot of money. And most who get bored of it will probably turn to private servers, just like when people got bored of euro mir. For this reason alone Mir will never Die.

Then there are the people who enjoy only private servers just to stay away from the mainstream. I personally don't like really high user counts. I could level all day and not talk to anyone and I wouldn't get bored.

I Could host a server for myself to play and not have another soul online and mir would not be dead.

/Levi.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
thing is theres no game you can compare mir to, its just simple and effective.

it is how ppl have said, a glorified chat room, the way all your characters can just stand in sz and have a little chat then even have a fight... name some other games u can do that on?

if u wanan do that on wow u gotta go ask them for a fight lol. and not only that, u cant all really stand in dala on wow and have a chat, just dont rly work the same.

i think mirs still got a few years left in it yet

Actually yes there is Myth Of Soma.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Actually yes there is Myth Of Soma.

The best game i played, mir pvp is good but doesn't come close to MoS pvp system. Shame its lost its community but one big server came out and it hit 150-200 users a few months back.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I loved soma and always went through stages of quitting mir and going to soma and vice versa, what was the server called that was up if you remember? might get in touch with my old friend he ran one of they few popular soma servers back in the day, I've got a notion to play now :(!