Mir Trinity 2.3 <Dedicated Server> - [CLOSED]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyreXel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
Re: Mir Trinity 2.3 <Dedicated Server>

things sorted now :P

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk

The server has a constant mob lag i advise sorting this, gm's say its when there on sql but i'm yet to see the mobs not lag...

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004

GM's access the SQL whenever the servers live?

Talk about fail.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England

The server has a constant mob lag i advise sorting this, gm's say its when there on sql but i'm yet to see the mobs not lag...

no mob lag atm but gms do need to stop going on sql whilst servers life and thinking about only using it for an hour at night time then doing a daily reboot

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004

Or just use their brain and take a back up of the current database, and work on that instead of on the live DB.

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010

There always mob lag? . and can u sort it out please? .

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk

A little advice, your host pc can't handle the spawns you got in it so cut some down some of the lower level spawns where possible like the mines has shed loads of zombies and you really don't need them.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010

I gave it another shot, lag wasnt as bad, but servers badly lacking any sort of guide NPC on where to level, was in OC till 27 (With same lvl 1 kit) and as a war I still had to pot alot - went around exploring and lost a set of pets to insect cave, found out bugcave is much harder for only a fraction exp more, and wt was a bit lame.

I decided to log off when a GM shouted about donations. Servers been up 2 days, get it stable, fix lag, and get people enjoying themselves before you even think about donations. By doing it this early you're sending a clear signal.

uns120

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2008

I gave it another shot, lag wasnt as bad, but servers badly lacking any sort of guide NPC on where to level, was in OC till 27 (With same lvl 1 kit) and as a war I still had to pot alot - went around exploring and lost a set of pets to insect cave, found out bugcave is much harder for only a fraction exp more, and wt was a bit lame.

I decided to log off when a GM shouted about donations. Servers been up 2 days, get it stable, fix lag, and get people enjoying themselves before you even think about donations. By doing it this early you're sending a clear signal.

people are enjoying thereselves only issue is mob lagg and as for donations you need them to pay for dedi it isnt like we are selling items, we are selling stuff like exp, torches.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk

people are enjoying thereselves only issue is mob lagg and as for donations you need them to pay for dedi it isnt like we are selling items, we are selling stuff like exp, torches.

But isn't the server hosted on your pc? ... either way dosn't effect me :P

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010

Like I say, I was seeing people 40+ in starter kit, no idea where the **** to level/get items, combined with the lag, wasnt enjoyig myself. A GM shouting about donations on day 2 put me RIGHT off. I didnt even want to stick around to see what you'd lower yourselves to sell later on - and Uns your last server effort made you look like a bit of a retard.

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008

I know 3 people who have all made over 10mill just re doing the chestnut quest so the economy is already ****ed.

uns120

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2008

I know 3 people who have all made over 10mill just re doing the chestnut quest so the economy is already ****ed.

congrats money gets spent on pets . . . 250k a pop x2 pets - 500k

also mob lag is a noob error will be sorted tomorrow lol just havnt got time to fix it tonight, as for items you hunted in wrong place.

but if u aint gna play anymore good luck in life :)

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey

Why not just give pets for free?

Having gold that easily accessible will ruin the servers economy, as Kaal stated.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004

congrats money gets spent on pets . . . 250k a pop x2 pets - 500k

also mob lag is a noob error will be sorted tomorrow lol just havnt got time to fix it tonight, as for items you hunted in wrong place.

but if u aint gna play anymore good luck in life :)
That's his point, he doesn't know where to hunt, no guide as to where you should. Your attitude is making me not want to play, and I can assure you i'm not the only one.

Why not just give pets for free?

Having gold that easily accessible will ruin the servers economy, as Kaal stated.

Exactly.

/Nymph

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008

donations already, wtef happend to good old days if you wanted to run a server you'd host it yourself and pay for it your self, greedy ****s these days

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!

Would you be willing to host a server pay threw the eye - balls for a dedi, all for the fun of people you dont actually know ....... ? if your answere is yes, your a retard.

On topic -
Server is very enjoyable best 2.3 server iv played in a while, you just got to experiment with where to hunt who to hunt with etc, get in with a guild. dont try solo with pets, the pets i assume are there to help low level players and doing the chest nut quest helps u get these pets, but people abuse things and there removed!
Me and a few other people have managed to get 60+ no probs w/o moaning, at first i was a little annoyed with the fact TDB is for level 62 and is rare as fook to get. but its the way the want it run, not gonna cry over something.

Today me and my guild done a total BDD clear threw, best fun iv had on mir since euro. team work etc not jsut running in solo'in everything.

Come give it a try, i admit up to level 40 or so, it will be a little boring and u will be a little clueless as to where to level etc, maybe il make a guide up and stick it on the trinity forum for new joiners.

But seriously good server, well done trinity server team

/Topman
/Maxi

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010

1/ You shouldnt need to use trial and error on where to hunt, should be at least a level bracket by the side of the npc

2/Players a fair few hours in shouldnt be wearing starter kit with 2x goldbracelets from shop. Instant fail.

3/Uns comes across as arrogant and tbh, unfit to run a server. Dont listen to feedback from new people joining = those people leave = dead server.

4/Gold is only for pets? So you dont actually aim to have an active economy on your server? The chestnut quest gives too much gold and anyone can do it, it mans if gold ever becomes used for trading in the future, itll be a case of which sadcase can hunt chestnut trees the longest is the richest.

5/You've not touched skill levelling points, should be severely reduced. This isnt euro, I shouldnt need to leave my pc ingame overnight with a key jammed down.

Ive not written off this server yet although im very close, and like someone said the other day the first half hour of a server experience dictates whether that players going to stick around. From what people see (Donation shouts, people in same kit, no help with custom commands, no idea where to hunt) they arent going to stick about.

Edit: Maxi, eys donations are needed, when you give out shouts on day 2 of the server without even making simple stuff better or solving lag it just tells me the servers out for profit only and hence not worth playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.