Mir3: Emeralld 3G - CD3.55

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emeralld

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 13, 2009
Sorry about no updates, we've had a couple of issues with the server. Which has put us back a bit on the development, though everything appears to be running smothly for the time being. I'll try and get some more updates out for you on the development soon.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
So what is the rate going to be? if its higher than 32 then Ill pass.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
x16 - x32 would be a great level to experience, High rates seem to be stupid as you go into 2k+ levels just seems pointless.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
x16 - x32 would be a great level to experience, High rates seem to be stupid as you go into 2k+ levels just seems pointless.
well with kings files where you dont have a cap on mobs attack/defense i think hight rate would work better (but no with stupid k levels, i would say 150-200 max in 3-4 months)

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
well with kings files where you dont have a cap on mobs attack/defense i think hight rate would work better (but no with stupid k levels, i would say 150-200 max in 3-4 months)

True and theres no item stat caps. But people don't use king files. Hopefully now I released some semi decent files people will use them.

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
To me x16 is still pretty high exp. I've said this many times now, i played a x4 server and got to level 42 in 4 days...meaning i could get to level 70+ in 4days on x16 exp.

x8 is perfect. Could get about level 50 in the 1st week, 60-70 in the 2nd week, 80-100 in the 3rd week ect ect....which again is still pretty high exp.

I want a server that actually takes some skill. A server where level 50 is an achievement. A server where skills have to be hunted for. All the usual stuff thats gone from Mir since high rates were invented.

Last edited:

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
To me x16 is still pretty high exp. I've said this many times now, i played a x4 server and got to level 42 in 4 days...meaning i could get to level 70+ in 4days on x16 exp.

x8 is perfect. Could get about level 50 in the 1st week, 60-70 in the 2nd week, 80-100 in the 3rd week ect ect....which again is still pretty high exp.

I want a server that actually takes some skill. A server where level 50 is an achievement. A server where skills have to be hunted for. All the usual stuff thats gone from Mir since high rates were invented.

Totally agree, not on the x4 but everything else, high rate just bores me, then theres the stupid lms and pvp on high rate that is just no fun, low rate is much better and more fun and takes more skill.

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
If we wanted a medium rate. x8 like Vital Elementz was and am sure we all remember that server.

Aye that server rocked, still to this day best server i've ever played and will be the best server i've ever played untill i officially quit this god forsaken game lol.

VE was x8 hexed. Which made it pretty low rate but the content really did make up for it. Me and Sam played that server for 5-6months and managed to grind our way to 52, which back in the day was pretty high level. There were items for every class not just m-all/DC/AC/AMC whacked onto one item like you see nowadays. Still cannot find a server to match VE feature wise.....i don't even think Kaos would of matched up to the standards of VE.

VE had everything you could want in a low-med rate server. Quests(Main+Daily), Elite item system(and i don't mean just the higher level items, there were 100+ different items+weps+armours that had an elite counter part), All the main hunting areas were edited to suit the exp rate so no cave was left useless, ZT/PT had an upgraded version which i thought was a really good idea as you cant beat PT 5th/ZT 5th for leveling imo, the drops were 100% perfect(in the sense nothing dropped too often and if an item was meant to be rare it was actually RARE). More to the point the server felt like an achievement which is what i like, yeah servers come and go but i still like to achieve something in the time i played and actually be able to say ''ye it was fun while it lasted''. I know when a server isnt good when i quit before it goes down/stops appaealing to the mir community.

People don't have the time anymore and its a shame really. To me personally MiR3 is an amazing game, no other game has ever kept me interested for anywhere near as long as MiR3 has. Ve was made and hosted by 2 teenagers that spent a hell of alot of time developing it, i honestly couldnt believe when i got the files that a 15year old had made this server....

Forgot to add one feature that was added just before they took the server down.
You could get level 1/2/3 skills normally but for 5/6/7 you had to obtain books.....still to this day i have'nt seen someone make a system where you can actually get a book say for example FireBall(Lvl5) and goto the npc to manual it and be able to use the book for the level 5 skill. Its always integral/fame point based which tbh im bored of.

Last edited:

Emeralld

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 13, 2009
Ok just a bit of an update.

Server rate will be x8 - x16, area and mob dependent. Though the base rate is x4, quests will be done at a rate of x8 and some of the major big group hunts will be done at x16.

Skills will be standard 1 - 3, but only a 15% decrease on the amount of exp needed to level. All skill books over level 33 are rare, all skill books over level 40 are uber rare (as some would say). Though you can gain skill books from quests and server events. Skill levels from 4 - 5 require an Emeralld stone and the appropriate book.

Yes rebirth is ingame, but not easy to gain and level splits between each are very high. You can also gain rebirth kits, but these are dependent on your rebirth level and if you choose to hunt in the rebirth mines.

Now I've not seen this since Mir , so we have introduced Siege Kits. So if you take Sabuk or Mud Wall, then your guild will have its own kit for that wall. But it is only valid while you hold that wall. We are also working on a third wall script, but nothing like the current two all ready ingame.

As a server team, we listen to everyones ideas and try our best to implement them into our development. So the more ideas you bring, the better the chance it will be part of the final product. Ok thats enough of an update for now, will keep you guys posted as we gain more for you...

/Emeralld server team.........................................

CloudStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2010
dont add the sw DMW kit will kill the server.

the 2 guilds will have 90 % off the members in them leaving no 1 else able to get the walls wars will be crap cuz 1 guild will be OP its been tryed be for

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
Emeralld if this server is what it seems to be when it goes live, im officially in love with you. My kinda server all round, i can see alot of old skool players returning to play this.

The Wall kits arent a very good idea unless you have some1 holding sabuk/dmw that refuses to recruit every random naab that asks to join lol. People will take a wall and mass recruit so they hold the wall for 100% of the time, maybe you could put a cap on the amount of people allowed in one guild to stop this from happening.

The skill books for level 4-5-6 skills is exacrtly what i wanted to see.

I have a funny idea that this server is run by someone i know very well, but im not sure lol ;)

Emeralld

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 13, 2009
Emeralld if this server is what it seems to be when it goes live, im officially in love with you. My kinda server all round, i can see alot of old skool players returning to play this.

The Wall kits arent a very good idea unless you have some1 holding sabuk/dmw that refuses to recruit every random naab that asks to join lol. People will take a wall and mass recruit so they hold the wall for 100% of the time, maybe you could put a cap on the amount of people allowed in one guild to stop this from happening.

The skill books for level 4-5-6 skills is exacrtly what i wanted to see.

I have a funny idea that this server is run by someone i know very well, but im not sure lol ;)
We are not doing a guild level cap for players, however their is only a certain amount of Siege kit available.

As for the Siege wars, these hopefully will be a timed event. We are looking at holding of the walls being only about 14days and if no one is to challange at the 14 day mark, these will be released to an all out war for the walls against players and a mob faction. So a bit like the current MW Siege against the Numas.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
maybe add guild title restriction for siege kit in the script?

for example:

Leader
Vice Leader etc

Only certain guild ranks can wear the siege kit....solve the noobs problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.