Mir3 PC spec ideas/help please

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I'm currently playing the official US mir 3 server but am finding that I am not "performing" as well as I should be most noticably in pvp.

I am currently running:

GRAPHICS = XFX 8800 640 MB GTS
CASE = ANTEC NINE HUNDRED/ULTIMATE GAMER CASE
MOTHERBOARD = ABIT AB9
PROCESSOR = INTEL CORE 2 DUO 6300 1.86 GHZ - OVERCLOCKED TO 2.6 GHTZ
POWER SUPPLY = CORSAIR HX 520W ATX2.2 MODULAR SLI COMPLIANT PSU
RAM = 2 GB DDR2 PC2-4200 533 timings 15-5-5-5
CPU FAN = ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER 7 PRO
FANS = 4 INTERNAL+ SHARKOON SILENT EAGLE 1000RPM 120 MM
DVD = SAMSUNG DVD+/-RW
HARD DISK 1 = SAMSUNG 80 GB SATA
HARD DISK 2 = SAMSUNG 500 GB SATA
SOUND CARD = SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY

Its running Vista Ult SP1 and it completely upto date with all patches.

I'm sick of lagging in pvp and want to show people how to pvp properly so any suggestions for upgrades are appriciated

Rachy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2007
I'm currently playing the official US mir 3 server but am finding that I am not "performing" as well as I should be most noticably in pvp.

I am currently running:

GRAPHICS = XFX 8800 640 MB GTS.............
Well to run mir you know you have more than enough and back in the old days on US server i was running on board gfx with 256 ram etc etc on my Dell p.c which is like 8 years old and not only was/am still 1 of the highest chars on there but i was also a pk'er and done alot of it and never lagged or whatever.
As a US player you should know that its recently been down graded from a 2 server set up to 1 single server set up and lag is 100times worse than it is usually so its more likely a ping/isp problem rather than a computer 1.
Lastly im sure you've already been warned for posting in the wrong section as this is for private server chat and not official so don't do it :p
Hope this helps

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
sorry I couldn't see an official mir 3 forums section in which to post.

I was afraid you were going to say it was due to the isp/ping i've upgraded to a 20mb connect but thats really not helped :S

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007

I was afraid you were going to say it was due to the isp/ping i've upgraded to a 20mb connect but thats really not helped :S

Its down to the distance between you and the computer the game is hosted on, As said above they have downgraded now, So there is more chance of you lagging.

Your pc specs and connection is more than enough to run the game.

/Zen2

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada

ping the server... you get the same ping on 1mb or 20mb line.

Falador

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2007
Hello,

on my Privat Server very many ppls lagging and runing very slow.
The Problem is XFX 8800 640 MB GTS
i havent found a driver with that can Play my ppls :-(

MFG

Rachy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2007
Hello,

on my Privat Server very many ppls lagging and runing very slow.
The Problem is XFX 8800 640 MB GTS
i havent found a driver with that can Play my ppls :-(

MFG
Well that looks like a more specific diagnosis (from what i can read) so thats proberbly your problem, maybe try it with your on board gfx to narrow it down but as i say you just have to look at US forums to know that lag is a big issue, mostly due to the population on 1 server but also because the server is in the US so has a garunteed ping of like 70+ for trans atlantic

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
dam it the gfx plays wow at over 100 fps with everythign on full but mir it stuggles with, i've not got an onboard gfx card any suggestions on an alternative card that works well with mir