MirReborn - High Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

evildan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Dartford/Kent
Bon your not welcome on this thread, we couldn't give 2 ****s about what you have to say like a majority of the forum. As for the stolen server being up again, we were expecting it to happen sooner or later which is why we have changed ours to high rate.

evildan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Dartford/Kent
I like how he says the servers going online tonight without letting me know, I'm pretty sure he's rushed some things in order to get it up. I know he hasn't added a few features that would suit the server well so I don't really see the point of a beta yet.

lamenicke4

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2008
damn it!!cant wait to play again MR!!! i hope beta coming soon!!!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Well if beta lasts a week, surely thats enough time to finish off the little things? + sort bugs out ?

amills

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
There is no point putting the server into BETA, as all people will do at the end of this period iis cry and moan (like always) about there being a wipe.

Just get the server ready and online then bring it up, fix ANY bug that comes along STRAIGHT AWAY.

Also make sure Tao's aren't S**T on this server.

Thank you.

/Blur

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
There is no point putting the server into BETA, as all people will do at the end of this period iis cry and moan (like always) about there being a wipe.

Just get the server ready and online then bring it up, fix ANY bug that comes along STRAIGHT AWAY.

Also make sure Tao's aren't S**T on this server.

Thank you.

/Blur

Agree with this. You will tend to lose players if you wipe. Commonly the case, if there are big bugs that result in players gaining from it then all means you will need to wipe but if they are just tiny bugs not affecting gameplay then I don't see why you would need to personally?

Yes tao's really did need something extra, I was a tao on that server and as for pets, there really wasnt anything that could kill very quick which was hard to level compared to a warrior or a wizard.

amills

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Agree with this. You will tend to lose players if you wipe. Commonly the case, if there are big bugs that result in players gaining from it then all means you will need to wipe but if they are just tiny bugs not affecting gameplay then I don't see why you would need to personally?

Yes tao's really did need something extra, I was a tao on that server and as for pets, there really wasnt anything that could kill very quick which was hard to level compared to a warrior or a wizard.

Something similar to Familiars on Cyrus would be bloody marevlous. I'm not asking to be overpowered, im mearly asking to be able to level as quick and as be as good in pvp as Warriros/Wizards are, is that soo much to ask? I realise Tao's are originally seen as a support class, but i believe the class has evolved drastically within the Private Mir world and should be reflected as such.

Dont nerf SC, but i agree with nerfing the duration of Curse, NOT the affect it has ;)

/Blur

Last edited:

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Amills said:
Dont nerf SC, but i agree with nerfing the duration of Curse, NOT the affect it has ;)

To do this you need to reduce base SC. So that comment contradicts itself completely. The way around that would be adding an extra tad of luck to Taoist weapons so they don't loose out completely.

amills

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
To do this you need to reduce base SC. So that comment contradicts itself completely. The way around that would be adding an extra tad of luck to Taoist weapons so they don't loose out completely.

I have no idea how the editing of sc/spells/stats etc work and as such did not know i was contradicting myself ;)

However, as my understanding, this will also affect Tao pets and Poison? ..That seems a little unfair. Maybe making it so level 2 Curse is the max it will go to? Or possibly level 1? ........ Otherwise its further nerfing Taoists, seems a tad unfair heh.

/Blur

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
I have no idea how the editing of sc/spells/stats etc work and as such did not know i was contradicting myself ;)

However, as my understanding, this will also affect Tao pets and Poison? ..That seems a little unfair. Maybe making it so level 2 Curse is the max it will go to? Or possibly level 1? ........ Otherwise its further nerfing Taoists, seems a tad unfair heh.

/Blur

What will affect Tao pets ? Reducing their SC ? SC does not affect Tao pets what so ever lol.

And as I've already said. If base SC is removed, adding luck to Tao weapons will solve this problem. Its not complicated :)

Trapped1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2008
Ok agree with most of the posts tbh, so will not put server up until 90% ready.. Then it will be live from there, unless major bug of some sort :P

Tao's will be alot more easy to lvl, hunt, kill bosses etc etc.
There is 6 new Tao summons atm. They are summoned using key 0, after grabbing a book and completing a few things for some bloke.

Warrior clone is also ingame, accesed via 0 as the tao summons. Upgrade it with quests, and levels.

Wizard pet npc changed. 10 Taming levels - Dif pets for each level. Along with 1 ranged pet for "Bosses".

IceTemple - IceCave - Ship map - JichonTemple - All your fav hunting grounds all ingame, with systems inplace to make them more worth hunting.

Re-Summon boss ingame. Collect heart from boss - take to npc in the KR and he will summon you Stage 2 of the boss - Harder better drops..
Also if you collect a heart from every boss, You can summon a MirOverLord. Recomend you take alot of people :P

SummonSpirit + SpiritDrinks ingame and working. Spirits drop from bosses.
You need to be a set level and have completed the required set stage.. To summon the boss. *Weaker version, HP wise*

SummonDrinks - A very powerful potion, like a apple. What lasts for between 20-35 seconds. Gives you 60-90% of the bosses attack power.

2 Quests added to every cave, Rewards vary alot.

ExpQuest man is still ingame. But you have to kill a boss he will teleport you to.

Crafting system:

Crafting will work on levels and quests.

Level 1: Craft - Level 40-50 Items (Not all)
Quest - MordorMines

Level 2: Craft - Level 50-60 Items (Not all) etc etc
Quest - MordorMines etc etc

Erm thats all i can pretty much think of atm, Will not be rushing this server so i am not 100% sure on launch date tbh :P

But it wont be far away :)

Trapped1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2008
What will affect Tao pets ? Reducing their SC ? SC does not affect Tao pets what so ever lol.

And as I've already said. If base SC is removed, adding luck to Tao weapons will solve this problem. Its not complicated :)

Erm the reason for removing base SC is to reduce the r8 of curse.
If i go and make it so you can get luk +5 or 6 easier. Then there would be no point taking off base SC.

Tao pets, Sorted.

amills

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Like i said i am not offay with how the stats work and as such is one of the main reasons why i do not try and make a mir server :P

I was fairly sure however that the more SC average a Tao had the better things like Shinsu/skele/tao pets were? Apologies if i am wrong :)

Seems a bit harsh to nerf Curse IF Warriors are getting clones and it appears Wizards will be getting good pets....

I must add that i'm not trying to corse arguments or flame anyone, simply trying to throw ideas around and make sense of how Tao's will be on this new version of MR as they were pretty **** on the old version.

/Blur

Last edited:

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Like i said i am not offay with how the stats work and as such is one of the main reasons why i do not try and make a mir server :P

I was fairly sure however that the more SC average a Tao had the better things like Shinsu/skele/tao pets were? Apologies if i am wrong :)

Seems a bit harsh to nerf Curse IF Warriors are getting clones and it appears Wizards will be getting good pets....

I must add that i'm not trying to corse arguments or flame anyone, simply trying to throw ideas around and make sense of how Tao's will be on this new version of MR as they were pretty **** on the old version.

/Blur

Nah SC doesn't affect Tao's pets what so ever.

Its not harsh to nerf Curse at all. Curse does not need to be lasting 25 seconds+, its completely OTT and everyone knows it. Everyone admitting it on the other hand is another thing all together ;)

amills

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nah SC doesn't affect Tao's pets what so ever.

Its not harsh to nerf Curse at all. Curse does not need to be lasting 25 seconds+, its completely OTT and everyone knows it. Everyone admitting it on the other hand is another thing all together ;)

To be perfectly honest it does last a long time, but at the end of the day Warriors shouldn't be getting pets :P ... Not everyone will always be please about certain changes, i'd just like an even playing field, not an unfair request/suggestion/idea to be honest ;) (slow also lasts far too long :P )

Peace. :D

/Blur

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
About tame pets i hope this time it wont be needed to do a stupid quest killing hens.Tho im pretty sure that was removed b4 the end of last server.Just saying

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Curse, limit the skill level, remove the base SC, perhaps a slow tao pet instead.

amills

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Curse, limit the skill level, remove the base SC, perhaps a slow tao pet instead.

A tao pet that slows or a slow tao pet? Tbh slower pets would be even worse :( - Cyrus had the Tao balance perfect, with the exception of Curse and base sc (as everyone seems to be moaning about it), see that server for how Tao's should be :P (again, minus the above :P ) :D

/Blur

Gmachine_45

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 11, 2004
cnt w8 for server and woop finally a server ive sin since ragezone with warrior clone lol i luv this <3

/Bruizer

Status
Not open for further replies.