Mobile phones :S

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
just go to norway and buy it there.

i bought a razr v3 yesterday. its pretty cool. my sis got a rokr, thos r pretty nice. ^_^

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
Biohazard said:
just go to norway and buy it there.

i bought a razr v3 yesterday. its pretty cool. my sis got a rokr, thos r pretty nice. ^_^

im only 18 :D jobless student, ive just about got the money for the phone, let alone the time/money to get to Norway >.<

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
well dont u gotta buy the service that comes with the fone? what is the point of a fone if it dont work =P

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Me_F0h_Teh_Win said:
Hey, for my mothers birthday i am planning to buy her a mobile phone, she was planning to get herself either

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w800-1089.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w550-1245.php

the thing is, she's living in Norway atm and im not too sure if buying the phone in the uk, would work for her in Norway, if the phone is unlocked do you think it will work?

thanks alot in advance :)

Make sure its dual band and unlocked... then she can choose her preferred network when she gets there.

/Leo

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
LeoCrasher said:
Make sure its dual band and unlocked... then she can choose her preferred network when she gets there.

/Leo

okkie ty :D could you explain abit what dual band is please :D

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
'Bands' refer to the frequency band the mobile phone operates on. The UK and around 200 other countries, typically use the 900 MHz (O2, vodafone use this) and 1800 MHz (tmobile, orange use this) bands.

Meanwhile in the USA (one of the exceptions) they use 850MHz and 1900MHz, so typically our phones cannot be used in the USA at all, and vice versa. (Unless you want to get into quadband phones... :P)

-

Another barrier to some phones, is that not everyone in the world has a GSM service (ie. the American one isn't brilliant - quite limitied in comparison), and instead opt for some different type of encoding. Don't worry about this though as Norway will definately use GSM.

To summerise... a UK unlocked dualband phone will DEFINATELY work in Norway
/Leo

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
yeah whlst we r on about mobiles phones. My d500 camera worked last night for like first time in 4/5 month and i wake up this morning. try and take a photo, and the camera dont work again. I load up to take a photo and cuts srt8 off. any help?

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
LeoCrasher said:
'Bands' refer to the frequency band the mobile phone operates on. The UK and around 200 other countries, typically use the 900 MHz (O2, vodafone use this) and 1800 MHz (tmobile, orange use this) bands.

Meanwhile in the USA (one of the exceptions) they use 850MHz and 1900MHz, so typically our phones cannot be used in the USA at all, and vice versa. (Unless you want to get into quadband phones... :P)

-

Another barrier to some phones, is that not everyone in the world has a GSM service (ie. the American one isn't brilliant - quite limitied in comparison), and instead opt for some different type of encoding. Don't worry about this though as Norway will definately use GSM.

/Leo

thank you :D

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
LeoCrasher said:

-

/Leo
not always my phone is dual badn and i've used it in usa nokia 3650 old bu tgreat symbian ftw Edit: i put pc

Last edited: