Mobile Phones

smoochy boys on tour

kanememe

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 5, 2006
One or 2 topics now spiralling off, so lets talk about mobile phones in this topic, as i said im a sales manager in Phones4U so i hope i know what im talking about!

Personallly... I have an E900 because it looked cool when it came out, and i can change it in 4 months, which is when ill get bored of it :P

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
K800i Here, will upload some pictures of quality of camera later, Doesnt look the best of phones, but its got the camera and runs smoothly, unlike those Nokia n series which are slower than old people crossing roads..

/Tofas

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
kanememe said:
One or 2 topics now spiralling off, so lets talk about mobile phones in this topic, as i said im a sales manager in Phones4U so i hope i know what im talking about!

Personallly... I have an E900 because it looked cool when it came out, and i can change it in 4 months, which is when ill get bored of it :P
just because u work in a phone shop does not mean you know about phones just means you know how to see what ppl want and get them to sign up to what they dont need lol.

I personally go for the phone most trying to push the limit or one most packed with stuff and i find that sony ericsson USED to be like that but they have started to take a leaf out of nokias book and make phones suited to one area like an mp3 phone or a game phone or a photo phone with useability specificly for that task.

kanememe

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 5, 2006
AgentSmith said:
just because u work in a phone shop does not mean you know about phones.

Of course i know alot about phones you numbnuts, if you actually took your time you would see that im a manager in P4U and last time i checked if i didnt know about phones then i would have a serious issue to tackle given the fact that i advise over 100 people per day.. infact your comment is like saying.

Just because your a doctor doesnt mean you know about surgery.

Read what you say before you say it..or you will appear to be a spak.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
didnt you see the lol at the end i was just jokeing. gawwd. I work part time for carphone warehouse and i was just drawing up from personal experiances i have had.

kanememe

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 5, 2006
Just because your a deep sea diver, doesnt mean you can swim.

Just because your a marine-sealife expert, doesnt mean you know alot about fishes!

Just because your a forumla-one driver doesnt mean you can drive a ford Ka.

Just because you work as a winetester for 40 years, doesnt mean you can tell the difference between smirnoff ice and dry white wine.

And just to finish. ... Just because you work as a super secret bumspy, doesnt mean you need to make retarded comments.

kanememe

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 5, 2006
AgentSmith said:
didnt you see the lol at the end i was just jokeing. gawwd. I work part time for carphone warehouse and i was just drawing up from personal experiances i have had.

Lol, okay then :O lots of people put lol, but good to know your not a bumbasher.

Anyways, carphone who house?

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
lol theres at least 10 customers a day who think they know more than you do because "phil his m8" said so and his does that with that phone full well knowing their talkin out of there asses just to try and get a cheap contract and a good phone

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
When I go into a phone shop I tell them what I want not the other way around

Last phone I got from a non online shop
I went in asked for a 6600
they said but this phone has bla bla bla
I said I want a 6600
they said but the bla bla phone is better
I repeated that I want a 6600
They said but this phone has a bettre camera
I walked out

I walked into there rival phone shop just 5 shops down the road
I asked for a 6600
They said ok and got me 1
I walked out happy

My point is I dont care how much the sales person knows about a phone
I know what I want

BH

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Annon said:
Got everything except 3G/symbian OS

So its got a rubbish OS :P

Windows Mobile 2005 or symbian 60+ with WiFi you really dont need anything else

I use my phone to talk/text/email people as thats what a phone should be for
I have my Zen Vision M for everything else

BH

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
well its got a tweaked standard sonyericsson 2.5G interface with a mp3 walkman built in. so considering its not 3G or a smartphone, its pretty damn good.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Babyhack said:
When I go into a phone shop I tell them what I want not the other way around

Last phone I got from a non online shop

I went in asked for a 6600

they said but this phone has bla bla bla

I said I want a 6600

they said but the bla bla phone is better

I repeated that I want a 6600

They said but this phone has a bettre camera

I walked out

I walked into there rival phone shop just 5 shops down the road

I asked for a 6600

They said ok and got me 1

I walked out happy

My point is I dont care how much the sales person knows about a phone

I know what I want

BH
haha great story, i love it, please may i subscribe to more entertaining stories on a montly basis.

Babyhack said:
I use my phone to talk/text/email people as thats what a phone should be for
I have my Zen Vision M for everything else
same view i have really, i have an orange m1000 (running on o2 sim card, so not sure how to get mobile GPRS working) and it can play videos,mp3's or whatever, i personally dnt care. I use my phone for texts and phoning people, i have an mp3 player for my music.

wish i could of afforded an m600 =[[, used to have a psp and found the wifi really useful on it, so i wish my phone would have wi-fi as well :(

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
Kane, when is the SE p990i is being released?

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
THe P990i has already been released, just that networks are fighting over who will host it and have rights to it. atm O2 have a major share of SE releases but theyre really slow at making them available.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Stonehelm said:
Just got it, love it.

Its a decent phone, but seeing as i had a k750i and w800i befor it, there isnt too much difference, same camera etc..

Then got the K800i and its a little bigger with a bigger screen, music quality is same as walkman phones, and the cameras better.

Much you pay may i ask?
Or is it contract?

/Tofas

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
orange keep trying to get me to sign up to another contract but i tell them at least 5 times a month im not resigning up till the p990 comes out they know if they dont sign me up soon im gonna get the phone for free and it burns them mwahahahaha