Mobs are just not attacking me

Join Discord

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Im having a large problem with this really. Mobs are being spawned on my server and for some reason when I run towards them they do not attack me. They do not even run after me. They still walk around as usual, and they attack me when I attack them.

I have checked the mon race in the DB and have tried this on a normal character and they still dont attack me.

Begining to wonder whether my work on my server can continue unless this problem is sorted. PLEASE PLEASE help!

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
most probly because of your map naming structure, for simplicity i sugest you use map name in upper case only

Upvote 0

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
OoOoOo24 said:
@observer?
No said i tried on a normal character

wearing a clear ring?
do you think im that stupid :P

checked race in db?
yes said i did

also tried search ?
have tried yes

hope this helps

Im wondering if it might be something to do with my m2 server?

Upvote 0

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
OoOoOo24 said:

Thanks for that.

Still, i have checked that everything to do with it being case sensitive and everything is correct but it still isnt working!.

Map Name in map files = D403 and 2
Map name in map info = D403 and 2
In Mongen files and folders D403 and 2

images007pl.jpg

Starting to really nark me off now

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Sorry for double posting but that screeny showing a newbie i made standing in front of ZT and it not spawning. ! lol

(wouldnt let me edit last post)

(EDIT)
Ok found out that mobs only stand still and become idle when there are no mobs being spawned through Mongen. As soon as i add mongen files they stop attacking me. ANyone help please?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dithmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2003
If none of the above work, then check your spawn files and make sure the map name is in capitals (D024 instead of d024 for example). I had this problem a while back and found that out by accident trying to fix it. Hope this helps

EDIT: didnt see that ud allready tryed that, sry i cant help more

Upvote 0

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Nope it doesnt. Weird thing is. when i take my spawn files out and spawn mobs they attack.

When my spawn files are in mobs that have spawned dont attack and when i do @mob they dont attack

So im thinkin its something to do with my spawn files after all

Upvote 0

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Well I only have 2 maps atm and they it happens on both of then

Upvote 0

duckanddive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 11, 2006
Speaking from experience then it must be one of these

1: Possibly the RAM or CPU, check your CPU and RAM usage whilst ingame, bad ram effects the mobs same with CPU, originally i used to host my own test servers on a 800mhz p1 back when mir originally came out, i had this issue.

2: The !setup.txt has bad configuration, use the default stats via deleting the file and then run the m2server and it will auto recreate (make sure to edit server name, ip and paths)

let me know the results.

Upvote 0