modem setup

Join Discord

TaoQueen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
Can anyone tell me the exact set up for a modem, not router. Or show me a guide that shows you. I have searched over and over.

Last edited:

Weikster

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
36th chamber
It's real easy for modem.

You only need to put your ip in:
mirserver/gamegate/Config.txt - GateAddr to ip addr
mirserver/LoginSrv/!ADDRTBL - 2nd and 3rd one to ip addr.
and leave the rest at 127.0.0.1

Upvote 0

TaoQueen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
hmm i changed only those 2 ips and still gettin connection closed but its half gettin the log in box up
its got a black box to enter ur details but obv it connection closed any ideas?
all ports are forwarded to have checked those many of times firewalls are all down

just really confusing as it worked only 3 week ago on the router but wont on modem

Upvote 0

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
when i used a modem only i left all the ones @ 127.0.0.1 alone and changed ALL others to my IP worked straight away.

Ports are not a issue i dont think as port forwarding is for router's (as guides are router set-ups)

As your only using a modem only 1 IP is used so u must change MOST IP's in mirserver folder to your IP.

Upvote 0

Weikster

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
36th chamber
Thats how it worked when I was using a modem, and as excluded said you don't need to forward any ports.

The only ip's you need to change for modem is the gamegate(1) and login server ones(2) tbh, you don't need
your ip in any other folders.

Edit- and if your trying to connect from host pc you still need to put your global ip in servers.ini in your client.
This is using td's files and you can see below in my sig it's online using what I said in my first post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0