UK/Italy
Quick look at the TGA monk class

[video=youtube_share;8n4fegZOLwY]http://youtu.be/8n4fegZOLwY[/video]

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
please add shadows to the players and monster, they look so poor without them.

Also since this is pretty much an advertisement for your server, it should be in your server thread.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
You mean just monk class has no shadow all the mobs have shadows did you miss

Monk shadow be added later once its fully done, we going to be adding more skills so once the 36 are in place we can tweek the effects

I dint post on our add because its going to be lost in all the posts + im sure it will be closed any time soon as we make our new post

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i saw a monkey from mir3 that didn't have any shadow too.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I know this is going to sound really negative, but that video did not impress me at all.

Why is there a massive delay between the spell being cast, animation being played... and then about 10secs later (exaggeration) the mob hits. Delay seems silly.

Just looks very shody... I mean when i've been coding the mobs on c# I spend hours and hours on 1 mob making sure everything is perfect... I wont just code it, test it and be like.. well the delay is a bit off, or the frames are 1 out.. but fk it that'll do!

I mean obviously well done on coding the Monk, I know its not a 10 minute job.. but surely if your spending time on it, do it properly and give it that wow factor. Most the spells I saw in that video are just bog standard copies of current spells.. didnt feel like there was anything new... what defines a monk class on your server exactly?

To me that video looked like someone had just changed the magic.wil images and went boom Monk class! I mean that video displayed basically a reskined Firewall, icestorm, bladeavalahc/line attack and a shinsu/skele pet summon? did it even have a summon image? Oh and something that poisoned something? I dunno i got bored and closed the video if im honest

Any way like I said this comes across negative but its actually constructive criticism! I did try playing TGA when it was launched just to test the monk class and logged off after about 10 minutes.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Monk seems like another pointless class?

Agree. Trying to be innovative with Mir is a good thing, but adding more and more classes i dont think is the way to go. This is League.

(Check pms)

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
Monk seems like another pointless class with a "?" ...

i think just looking at a video dont help much..

these skills work nothing like other skills used by other classes , and the only way to prove this fact is when beta is back up.
thanks for the support i guess

but yea

Far Shadows have now been added fully

The monkey from mir3 i thought was a good touch as its a Chinese monkey for starters and a kinda fits with Monk imo..
it doesnt take away what the tao has due to the actual power of the monkey itself, its basically to help the monk lay a deflection down to gain a little distance from the attacking Player/Monster.

as for Bon...
you should know better than anybody ... that monk class is not even official yet.
therefor me and lifco took our own perspective with the little images we had for the monk (OFFERED BY SDO)
add monk armours , and his skills -2 (teleport and shield as we felt this is for wizard only)

what im trying to say is , the monk is still a work in progress , and we are showing what has been done / added so far
so to say the fact the monk shoddy ect and looks like little effort has gone in , is an understatement.

im sure by feb.. we will have the monk settled and mastered quite nicely.
hope your still around to see it.

to all other people who are actually interested in what is going on behind the scenes , i will explain below:

We are currently changing how the armours work , and have given the MONK class a new Stat called "Chi"

DC,MC,SC,Chi

This has been added to 1000+ items in game
1 new Multi Class skill added (Very Secret as of yet)
Warriors has 2 new skills (22 skills)
Tao has 2 new skills (30 skills)
Wizards has 1 new skill (32 skills)
Monk now has 8 new skills (26 skills)

these we're added as we felt each class was still lacking a certain something, therefor hope these new skills will give a slight change via pvp and pve
(Info will be shown soon)

To do list:
Finish Quest Npc 100-200 level
Add new Glow System to Item Drop files
Adding new elements to each item that drops ingame
Changing maps from Two maps Good and Evil to now using One map. Good/Evil is now one map with both sides together.
Caves being adjusted / tested via Exp values
Exp changed slightly to a low/med Rate
Changing Store and how it works , to save more items inside
Monk Shadows have been added, and need touch ups
30+ new upgradable sets/items (Monk included)
Whole new Custom Database for new unseen Features

and a few other things i cant actually think of right now
but will be sure to post back and update more infomation as i go along

Thank you ever so much for your interest in TGAv2
Makes team happy to know the games we offer out to public is worthwhile.

I'll be sure to post back more info shortly
God bless

---------- Post Merged at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Agree. Trying to be innovative with Mir is a good thing, but adding more and more classes i dont think is the way to go. This is League.

(Check pms)

we added one class.. so dont know where your going with this...

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Think adv may been referin to Chrons having archer, you having monk, chrons monk coming in at christmas, think he just meant mir in general and i agree with him. Mir was more fun when it was War,Wiz,Tao. I've only played 1-2 servers that perfected the Sin.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
without being nasty

how about you guys take a back seat...
and let us get this ballanced, and there should not be a problem.

like i said , we are in all areas of the game where we felt needed extra attention
we are currently , working with monk and each class / each skill / each mob / each Boss
so we can actually pin point the areas that actually need looking into.

once its fully up and we the TGA staff feel comfortable to say everything is live..
im hoping we will have a good end result.

Time and Effort...

and remember... people...

its just me and lifco..

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Like bon stated its worth spending hours and hours to get it right

This has whats been done on this