Votes: 13 59.1%
  • JP

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Heroes, Ruby or JP? Whats everyone's preference and which one has seen the most stable development over the last 6 months?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Heroes - not really being worked on ATM. Don't know what the plans for the future are, if any
JP - dead in the water, no longer being worked on
Ruby - I don't know how much these are actually being worked on in truth, but either way it's more than the other 2 and has the most stable development

Heroes and Ruby are very different files though.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Heroes - not really being worked on ATM. Don't know what the plans for the future are, if any
JP - dead in the water, no longer being worked on
Ruby - I don't know how much these are actually being worked on in truth, but either way it's more than the other 2 and has the most stable development

Heroes and Ruby are very different files though.

I have been trying to find a write up or description on whats actually available with the Ruby files, but so far iv been unsuccessful. Any ideas how developed they are in terms of Mon AI, skills and usability?

Cheers

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Skills and feature wise they are close to official Korean. I'm unaware of any new mon AI's past 2.3 standard because we've never been told about them. Usability? Probably not so good...there is no ingame account creation you have to do it via a web system, and they're generally not designed for "private server use" with things like no Graphics folder. BUT they're the best we have lol

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
its a shame heros/jp have came to a hault, while i can understand jp stopping, heroes offered something completely different to what ruby offers.

For the sake of activity(updates), i would say ruby are the way to go atm, albeit the account creation problem which puts many off.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
its a shame heros/jp have came to a hault, while i can understand jp stopping, heroes offered something completely different to what ruby offers.

For the sake of activity(updates), i would say ruby are the way to go atm, albeit the account creation problem which puts many off.

Account creation problem? The fact that it uses a webpage for creation etc?

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
How's that a problem? Learn some PHP while messing with Mir files?! Win win situation.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
php is easy to set up.Its the fact people do not want to try anything new incase they carnt do it

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No

If people want to work on these again PM me so we can talk ( Still Waiting To Talk With Milo :) ), got some time of work at the moment.

My plan was to work on these still just had no time lately.

Paddy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 30, 2007
If people want to work on these again PM me so we can talk ( Still Waiting To Talk With Milo :) ), got some time of work at the moment.

cant wait buddy :D only only learning how to add/edit the source so id be no help >_<

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Not to familiar with Delphi, I know Java/CSharp and dribbles of C++ through university/work (not sure how close any of those are to Delphi, but if you know the basics its not hard to pick up another language) If you needed some help etc let me know... Ultimately I wanna create a half decent server, but would like to use a set of files I know wont get dumped or I can pick up from if they do...

Cheers
Sam

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Well story is when i have got some free time they will be worked on, when i haven't then they will not be worked on tbh.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
td 2.3 r stillt he most stable/bug free,

Heros' doesnt even have proper working TDB last i checked. (then again neither does TD's) tbph ALL files for public use are a total mess, only ones that have things coded properly r FH/3H's files.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
td 2.3 r stillt he most stable/bug free,

Heros' doesnt even have proper working TDB last i checked. (then again neither does TD's) tbph ALL files for public use are a total mess, only ones that have things coded properly r FH/3H's files.
If thats what you think. Over the last months I think lil made ruby very stable.

Last edited:

awadhero

EGYMIR Team Dev.
Golden Oldie
Mar 17, 2009
EGYMIR Lands
i dont have much exp in programming but i nearly finished my training and will be free in 27/6 and then i will back to work on Heroes files againe , i also made few fixed into it and will commit them soon.