Motherboard that allows ACPI

smoochy boys on tour

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Hey guys, decided to come back and have a look at some servers that are out just now, see how things have been going n that.

So i came across a problem that is frankly annoying the life out of me. My new system doesnt allow the ACPI tweak for older files on XP. Just crashes on boot, i have had this issue in the past with a few mobo's and ended up just going through a few to find one that worked ( a lot of effort for mir i know ).

So simple question is.. does anyone know of a good overclocking board on socket 1155 that allows the ACPI tweak? Not too bothered about changing my board as its not exactly a top end extreme board.

Cheers in advance.

Also i am aware of running it in a VM on XP.. just doesnt feel the same, not as responsive as an actual full OS in my opinion.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
When I'm back home I'll check out my old comp's mobo. Ran XP ACPI on that and was so fast on 2.3 servers it wasn't really fair tbh lol.

What server you looking to play and wanting to be fast on out of interest?

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Dunno man, started that Gravity.. not sure if im liking it much, they havent done the best with the items n that... giving it a shot right enough.

Haha aye my old system as ye know was insane fast on 2.3, well all my previous systems AMD and Intel.. tho i think the AMD was a tad faster.

Cheers btw, been a while how ye been gettin on?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Doing good, just bashing about on Chronicles at the minute. Good fun and great banter lol. I'd hold back on the tweaks if you're not sure about a server yet. Try em all out first.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Never really got into that, played it for like a week when it was released but was a shitty laptop and it made it run like a peice of **** so gave up on that. Dont think i have the patience left to play a euro clone haha.

You have any luck finding out what board you had?