Ms loop

smoochy boys on tour

Taylor

Tiamaria Is Back!
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2003
Hi i've finally got my server up and running and my friends can get on perfectly but i can't seem to get on and my friends who helped me get this server up said i need ms loop ive installed it but it still isn't working is there any1 who can guide me through this please cos i can't see any threads about this
plzzzzzzz

mapadale

You don't need MS loop at all, as this is allready a feature of your OS.

Thats what the 127.0.0.1 is, this is your local area connection loop back.

Add me to msn and ill see if i can help [email protected]

Upvote 0

Taylor

Tiamaria Is Back!
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2003
Now it gets to the character screen and the connection terminates but all my friends can still login quite easily can anyone help plzzz?

Upvote 0

wazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
What are you IPs set as? Are you behind a router? If they're all set as your WAN IP, then you need to configure your loop back so it contains your WAN IP address. Then when you try and connect to your WAN IP, it will pick up your loopback adapter and then send you back on yourself. (obviously)

So if you've got yours setup with your WAN IP you need to go in Network Connections, right click your Loopback adapter, go to properties, click TCP/IP and then properties. Then you want to put in your WAN IP into the IP address. The submask can be just 255.255.255.0 I believe....and then I don't think you need to fill in any of the other information.

I've not done/tried this in ages, so excuse me if you need to put in certain information into the other locations like DNS server. (You shouldn't need to though)

Upvote 0