MSN Closing March

smoochy boys on tour

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
as most have probably already heard msn is closing this march, im just wondering how many people currently still use msn, and how many of them will or have made the switch to skype or what other IM services you intend to use after MSN?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20222998 - for those who dont know.

iv used msn since i can remember, will be a shame to see it go, i have a skype account iv had a few years but the IM on it is crap tbh, been looking at googletalk also.

Last edited:

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
I was using MSN for the last 11 years (from i bought my first comp) until today.. but im thinking to move on skype :D, no much people on msn they moved to others im

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I used MSN for quite a few years until 2 years ago.
MSN started becoming extremely bollox, and now Skype has much more features (Including blocking).
And FaceBook prettymuch daily :/

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
... msn is moving to skype.

was on t.v like last month
been rumored for years m8, but now its not that long away i thought it was worth discussing.

the main features i find most useful is the image sharing, will miss that most.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
End of an era but not many people use it any more (I rarely do). It was like the most important thing on my pc since Win98, used it to talk to my first gf every day after school XD

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i stopped using msn when everyone on my friends list did - like 3 years ago.

Use skype for everything now, the only thing that annoys me is the conversation reading doesn't sync up anymore. I'm logged in 3 places at once most times, and if i read it on my phone i expect it to show as read on my computers too (which is doesn't most of the time)

I hope Microsoft don't completely ruin skype.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
End of an era but not many people use it any more (I rarely do). It was like the most important thing on my pc since Win98, used it to talk to my first gf every day after school XD

Never thought of it this way but yeah definately an end to an era, this post jsut rememinded me of how its played an important part in my teenage years lol

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
:eek: shocked.. msn was my life when i had w98 back in the 90s ! but since i discovered facebook i had no use for it anymore!