My Antec 300 Case mod + upgrade

Join Discord

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Hey guys thought i might post this here are there never seems to be any of this around here. Also might give you guys some idea's to do with your own systems.

Atm im currently buying in a few new parts for my system, also buying in a few things to do a case mod on my Antec 300, nothing big but it will make it a very tidy case if all goes to plan.

Corsair H50 - Single unit watercooling for CPU

Jeantech Storm 700w PSU - Needing more power to expand later+Modular is tidy inside the case.

Westen Digital RaptorX 150Gb - Gonna use as my new system drive.

DFI x38 LT LGA775 motherboard - Amazing overclocking motherboard, hopefully boost my overclock a bit more :)

Intel Core2Duo E8400 - Buying a second one to see which overclocks better then popping spare in my other system built with spare parts.

So there are the components, what my plan with the case it to first of all strip down the case of components, tape it up and spray the inside of it black, before spraying im going to be cutting a few holes in the motherboard for cable management using a metal nibbler tool and a power drill to make pilot holes.

Not sure how effective it will be or if i will do a good job on it, i will be taking not of progress with pictures so will post them up here to let you see how its going and see the finished product. Will upload a picture of the before setup also.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
Should turn out ok just as long as you have a steady hand, did something like that with my old Thermaltake armour case in black and red

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Im back from holiday on monday and ive got the rest of the week off so i will be starting it when i get back, hopefully finished by next weekend.