Status
Not open for further replies.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Orrrrr, just wait until we both quit and give everything away?

We aint releasing yet, but we aint going to do a TD where we keep everything to ourselves when we don't need it.

lol fact is TD has done alot more for the community than you, so dont try make out what he did with his files was bad, at least he released his (at the peak of mir i might add). which is more than you and bon would ever do, the only time you would release your files is the day your not turning over a profit, which will be the day mir is dead anyway.

considering your a super mod on LOMCN (a dieng mir community) id expect more from you.
i guess those pound signs are clouding your judgement.

on another note : seriously who made all these bad decisions picking mods who dont even care about lomcn or its future ?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It does annoy me when people who do next to nothing for the community have an out-of-the-blue pop at someone like td who has basically done more than they ever will.

Controversial! I hear you say.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
lol fact is TD has done alot more for the community than you, so dont try make out what he did with his files was bad, at least he released his (at the peak of mir i might add). which is more than you and bon would ever do, the only time you would release your files is the day your not turning over a profit, which will be the day mir is dead anyway.

considering your a super mod on LOMCN (a dieng mir community) id expect more from you.

on another note : seriously who made all these bad decisions picking mods who dont even care about lomcn or its future ?

I dont see what being a supermod has to do with him releasing anything, hes there to mod the forums, not be some saint that releases amazing stuff, duh?

No1s denying TD did a lot for the community by releasing his exes as they have been and still are the only public files to use atm.

Fact is, what he done by not releasing his code when he LEFT MIR was selfish, and shows he obviously didnt care for the community as much as u seem to make out.

If he cared and wanted mir to carry on, he'd have released his source so ppl could carry it on, if he had done.. think where TDs files would be now, for sure lilcooldude, gadget and others woulda all added to it bit by bit, probably be at the standards of USA and beyond.

His excuse was always that it would make all the current servers unprotected, but wouldnt of taken him long to change the encrpytion and stuff then release the source, so his old exes were protected.

Heck fourheroes is based off DM2, the exact same files TDs is based off, and you dont see anyone hackin our files...

End of day, he was selfish.

This is why it would be nice for people like Matt, Kyn, lil and who ever is good at coding all come together, get a decent set up and running.

"Why should we?" for the exact reason you say above, to stop mir from dieing.

But, this would just cause competition towards your own server, so this will never happen.

My own opinion.

Thing is you say that as if it would only take them 3 a couple weeks to produce a good set of files, matts worked on 4heros files for nearly 2years now, kyn and lil probably about a year? and they still aint in great shape.

I dont see why rubym2 files havnt been released in all honesty, they aint even used (is elysian even up ne more? or isnt it 2.3 lol?). But then agian the files were based around a low rate USA style server, so aint much customization room.

And ive alrdy said why i wouldnt release my files, too many ungrateful ppl that call u names 1 min then love u the next, and obviously the fact ppl would put half arsed servers up with gameshops.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I dont see what being a supermod has to do with him releasing anything, hes there to mod the forums, not be some saint that releases amazing stuff, duh?

there wont be a forum to moderate at this rate, so its pretty much a big deal considering he is representing lomcn.

its the same as a manager holding back information to a business thats about to go under
"lol i know what we should do, but i aint gonna tell you untill we are bankrupt"

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

I never said TD hadn't done anything for the community, nor was it a 'dig'. It was merely an example of something we won't do. Get off your high horse.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
there wont be a forum to moderate at this rate, so its pretty much a big deal considering he is representing lomcn.

its the same as a manager holding back information to a business thats about to go under
"lol i know what we should do, but i aint gonna tell you untill we are bankrupt"

Yer sorry cause you clearly do so much more than everyone else.

If your so worried about lomcn and its future, why dont you learn to code and spend 2years making a set of files to release?

matt didnt know much about coding when he 1st started, no reason why u or any1 else here cant do the same.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Yer sorry cause you clearly do so much more than everyone else.

If your so worried about lomcn and its future, why dont you learn to code and spend 2years making a set of files to release?

matt didnt know much about coding when he 1st started, no reason why u or any1 else here cant do the same.

more than you.

2years ? pmir will be most likely be dead by then, without any release of new files.
+ i have no interest in coding, im more into graphics.

also why, when there is a set of files already coded, only the owners are to stubborn/greedy to release them for the benefit of the community yet preach they do more for the community than anyone. lol

your basically stating you dont give two ****s about lomcn, as you would rather someone else spend 2 years developing some files only to bring them up to the level of yours.
Which is nice way to shift the blame off of yourself.

"hey its ok for other people to release but we aint gonna" sends a nice message coming from a superior on this forum.

Does this sound like someone who should be a super mod of this forum, i think not.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
more than you.

2years ? pmir will be most likely be dead by then, without any release of new files.

also why, when there is a set of files already coded, only the owners are to stubborn/greedy to release them for the benefit of the community yet preach they do more for the community than anyone. lol

your basically stating you dont give two ****s about lomcn, as you would rather someone else spend 2 years developing some files only to bring them up to the level of yours.

"hey its ok for other people to release but we aint gonna" sends a nice message coming from a superior on this forum.

Does this sound like someone who should be a super mod of this forum, i think not.

Ben's not a super mod, or am I missing something?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
more than you.

Then maybe you or someone else shoulda thought about doing it 2years ago when mir was more lively and more people were about, i formed myself a team with matt+shane, and started makin our own custom files cause i could see TD was never gonna release.... why didnt other ppl do it? cause they are lazy and expect it to just be given to them on a plate.

Go ahead call be stubborn and greedy, i honestly dont care, i dont see why my hard work should be spoon fed to idiots such as your self, and what do I get in return? warm fuzzys? "respect" on an online forum? even better!

Cant say i dont give "two ****s" about lomcn, but its just a forum, if it dies or closes (which it wont) my servers wil continue to run.

Its a competitive world, dont see why you think id just hand my advantage and hard work over to rival servers.

End of the day, if we swaped shoes, and you were releasing files like 4heros, and I was gonna use them to create a server that would rival your own, would you honestly say you'd release them happily? cause i think we both know the answer.

Stop trying to act like some high and mighty do-gooder, its quite frankly pathetic, you bang on all the time about how donations are moraly wrong and all that crap, move on pls.

ps. im not a super mod, im a regular member like urself.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
This is why it would be nice for people like Matt, Kyn, lil and who ever is good at coding all come together, get a decent set up and running.

"Why should we?" for the exact reason you say above, to stop mir from dieing.

But, this would just cause competition towards your own server, so this will never happen.

My own opinion.

We have tried a few times, got going with the c# files, but we are all just too busy at the moment. I hardly do any work on FH as it is at the moment, just don't have the time to commit myself to another project yet.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I'm closing this mid-conversation before it turns a good thread into a stupid rant about who has bigger e-peen or donations -_-. Everyone pretty much knows where people stands on the issue of "who has what files & what they're doing with them" situation.

The files we currently have are all we can work with, though (IMO) I do feel like Ben & Matt should release a simple set for the sake of helping the community they have been a part of for half a decade & have no doubt received countless help from it. It's entirely up to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.