My Sisters Keeper

smoochy boys on tour

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Watched this yesterday, and I tell you, It has got to be the most saddest film Ive ever ever watched...Ever..

Most films you cry at certain points, Maybe once/twice. This film, i was sobbing. great movie

10/10!

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Apart from some star quality acting, especially from Cameron Diaz who I've otherwised not seen perform such an emotionally powerful role before. I found the movie overly depressing with little entertainment value. The premis is effectively about how much life sucks and how little you can do to stop it, great. I really want to sit through a couple of hours reminding me of that fact.

I much prefered the ending on the book, although I agree it probably wouldn't have translated as well. At least that ending gave the film purpose, and a story quality. I spent most of the film with a tear down my eye, as did my friends and pretty much everyone else in the cinema. Aside from being moved emotionally though I really didn't appreciate it as a film, and really wouldn't watch it again.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I did, People are grateful enough not to go through this trauma. This film shows people what its about. Maybe now, charities will receive more donations? I dont know, I can just see good coming from this film...

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
I did, People are grateful enough not to go through this trauma. This film shows people what its about. Maybe now, charities will receive more donations? I dont know, I can just see good coming from this film...

Shows people what it's like to lose a loved one? No it doesn't, lol. I lost my mother at 7 due to cancer, it's anything but what is portrayed in this movie.. perhaps the novel more so. Cancer for the most part is a progressive, realtively quick and traumatic death for a family. It doesn't last 15 years and there are no radical genetic work-arounds to try, you either get through it or you die, in a relatively short space of time.

The story is fiction and is bulked up with plot hooks, the reality of which is very different. It's a decent story, but it has no moral obligation to society, nor does it really provide one.