Myth Of Soma 3D

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Brother is working on Soma 3D, shown me a vid the other night, i thought it was crap tbh, he works for Sony and thats were he gets it all done, don't ask me what hes using because i don't know, i don't even know why am posting it, i just know there are a few soma fans around.

[video=youtube;xaFO59lo5x8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaFO59lo5x8[/video]

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
interesting , i can see he has put a fair amount of detail into it, the main problem i can see is bad/low resolution textures, also the lighting doesn't help.

didn't really play soma myself so cant comment on his layout etc, what does he do for sony may i ask?

also tell him to keep at it :)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Find out more then...!

Why is someone from Sony making Myth of Soma though? I'm guessing it's just a game he used to play and wanted to mess around with making it 3d?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Hes doing this in his spare time, not like hes doing it for real with a team behind him lol and yer he loves soma, hes playing the somadev one at the moment i think,, god knows what he does at sony erm..i don't talk to him that often even though he lives with me i just can't stand his ars tbh, i think Media or something, learning programing that sort of thing.

I don't think hes spent much time on the detail, i mean when he started playing soma again last month he must of started it then.. so it's like a couple of weeks work maybe, but the layout of the buildings are correct, same shape, details like barrels, the table that sort thing all from 2d soma.

Il ask him what he does next time i see him lol. I know am a good brother.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Oh how i miss Thousand year town, looks pretty good.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Hes doing this in his spare time, not like hes doing it for real with a team behind him lol and yer he loves soma, hes playing the somadev one at the moment i think,, god knows what he does at sony erm..i don't talk to him that often even though he lives with me i just can't stand his ars tbh, i think Media or something, learning programing that sort of thing.

I don't think hes spent much time on the detail, i mean when he started playing soma again last month he must of started it then.. so it's like a couple of weeks work maybe, but the layout of the buildings are correct, same shape, details like barrels, the table that sort thing all from 2d soma.

Il ask him what he does next time i see him lol. I know am a good brother.

ah k, btw reading his youtube comment "This actually isn't the finished video I had to take a few things away like the grass and the animated water for the fountain because the rending was crazy (the rending time wouldnt even show up lol) but after taking them away it only took 24 hours :P (my office p.c is crap)"

rendering = 3d software not an engine/programming, ie wrong section :P

lol at the rendering time, pretty crazy for such basic shapes.

did he not play mir then?

cool found a pic of that soma shop, you can see the resemblance.

tytcraftingintro.jpg

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
ah k, btw reading his youtube comment "This actually isn't the finished video I had to take a few things away like the grass and the animated water for the fountain because the rending was crazy (the rending time wouldnt even show up lol) but after taking them away it only took 24 hours :P (my office p.c is crap)"

rendering = 3d software not an engine/programming, ie wrong section :P

lol at the rendering time, pretty crazy for such basic shapes.

did he not play mir then?

cool found a pic of that soma shop, you can see the resemblance.

tytcraftingintro.jpg

Oh i don't know when it comes to this sort of thing =/.

Yer Mir was our first mmo we played, found it on Game Network and thought we would download it, took about a week on the 56k connection days, we played for about a year then moved to Soma.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Looks good Sanity, if you manage to speak to your brother!! tell him it keep at it would be ace to play this tbh :), miss the soma days would pick soma over mir anyday. miss the stocking up at time 1 for mats.. weight 1 potions ftw good old days :)

Soma = Win!

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Loved soma, community was really fun. That 3d project looks class.
The music on soma is my fav on any mmo i've tried, couldn't find it on youtube though.