nearly got our server up stuck on one lil bit

turboshandy

ur a smacktard!
VIP
May 11, 2005
Great Yarmouth/Cambridge
Wondering if anyone can give us a hand.......
We've managed to get our server up , all items work, everything looks and runs fine, apart from the book translations.

Books can be bought but when translating, the book is taken along with the right amount of money for the translation but no manual appears in the inventory.

if anyone has any ideas they will be very much appreciated

Turboshandy & CheekyVimto

:nteeth:

Last edited:

Zeph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2003
If this is using the crueldragon files

Check if the file \mud3\Envir\Convert_Def\QuestDiary\System\BookConvert.txt has the correct spellnames should look something like this

<Translate SwordmanShip/@Warrior_Book_Convert(SwordmanShip,7)>\

Also you need to have an entry in the stditems database for the manual of the spell and this afterwards to say its a manual £¨Ãؼ®£©

e.g. SwordmanShip£¨Ãؼ®£© for the Swordmanship manual.

To change the £¨Ãؼ®£© to manual i think will require the server.exe to be hexxed.

the file \mud3\Envir\QuestDiary\System\BookConvertRootin.txt also has a line for to add the string for the manual on

AddStr A1{CONVERTBOOKNAME} "£¨Ãؼ®£©"

hope this points you in the right direction.

Upvote 0

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Yes to change it the server.exe needs to be hexed but its not possible yet i dont think since its encoded i think demonic is the only one with out it encoded

Upvote 0

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
if its crueldragon 3g. You can name it whatever you want, (transbook), (*) whatever. Just make sure you have a book for untranslated and translated and it matches magic database name:
E.G:
Magic Database -> skill called Fencing
STDitems database -> item called Fencing and item called Fencing(manual)

Go in game as gm create Fencing(manual) -> @make Fencing(manual)
Test it. If that works but your npc doesn't, you need to alter the NPC script to make sure it isn't in chinese.

Upvote 0

turboshandy

ur a smacktard!
VIP
May 11, 2005
Great Yarmouth/Cambridge
hate to burst your bubbles but this post is over a year old.. brings back memories lol

if i'm right this is when we first tried using the CD files lol, you'd be better looking for a newer post tbh.

I'm sure i wrote a guide on this afterwards too.. lemme look for it..

found it, gotta love that search button ;)
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30359

/cheekyvimto

Last edited:
Upvote 0