Need a UK webhost with loads of Disk Space

smoochy boys on tour

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
Want to get webhosting with loads of disk space, 100GB+. Dont really mind about bandwith.

Anyone know any good cheap ones?

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
http://www.bluehost.com/

dotblue.gif
600 Gigabyte Hosting Space (NEW!)
dotblue.gif
Host UNLIMITED Domains!!!
dotblue.gif
2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts
dotblue.gif
6,000 GIGS of Transfer (NEW!)
dotblue.gif
SSH (Secure Shell), SSL, FTP, Stats
dotblue.gif
CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL
dotblue.gif
2000/2002/2003 Front Page Extensions
dotblue.gif
Free Domain Forever!
dotblue.gif
Free Site Builder (NEW)
dotblue.gif
24/7 Superb/Responsive Sales/Support

$6.95 a month if bought for 2 years
$7.95 a Month 1 Year

etc

Things I need to Tell you though from when I used them - if your "load" gets too high, web site is offline for a while - so like a busy forum, popular site of whatever.

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
The price is in dollars(Is it american?), i need a UK host to upload/download very fast.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Yes the price is in $ - thats because its located in the USA. How fast are we talking Upload speed? I maxxed out my Home connection and work connection (2mbit Upload) on that server. You wont get a cheap UK Host with lots of GIGS for space or bandwidth - name you price your willing to pay each month, as you did say CHEAP..

mapadale

Dot5 hosting.

check them out, cheap and very very good.

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
Will do :P I dont really need loads of room, i need atleast 50GB ide say but it needs! a good fast upload/download ftp and needs to be in the UK.

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
There is not such thing as an Unlimited HD - I would stay well clear of any firm offering this..

ive been with streamline for well over a year never had an issue have uploaded over 100gig of files, massive bandwith usage, domain is hosted with them no problems what so ever in one year we have had 1 day where the ftp was not available that was due to an upgrade great host imo

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
ive been with streamline for well over a year never had an issue have uploaded over 100gig of files, massive bandwith usage, domain is hosted with them no problems what so ever in one year we have had 1 day where the ftp was not available that was due to an upgrade great host imo

What I am saying that with Evvery "Unlimited" comes restrictions - this taken from there AUP:

1.2) Streamline.Net offer unlimited web space and un-restricted bandwidth with some account types. By this, we mean unlimited space for legitimate web site content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site. Sites should not contain any backups, downloads, or other non-web based content.

1.4.1) The primary purpose of any site must be to provide web-based content to viewers. Files on the site must be linked to the web site.

1.4.3) Sites must not contain Warez, illegal or copyright material. The onus is on you the customer to prove that you own the rights to publish material, not for Streamline.Net to prove that you do not.

1.4.4) Sites must not contain MP3 files that do not represent active web content. Other multimedia files are acceptable if they are configured to stream to the client rather than download (Please see section 1.2 of this policy).

1.4.5) Sites must not contain archive (e.g. zip or rar) files, or data back ups.

1.4.7) Sites must not use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, processor utilization and / or disk space. Please see the 'High Resource Use Policy' in the General Terms and Conditions.

1.4.7 is quite funny considering you supposed to have "Unlimited Sapce".

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
I did the monthly, around 6.99 but i think if you pay for 1 year u get 2 months free.