Need cooling help

Join Discord

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Ok heres the problem I have two cards, a 8500GT and a 260 GTX.

The temps I get are (CPU):

8500GT

Idle - 38C
Load - 50-56c

260 GTX

Idle - 50c
Load - 70c = shutdown

Cannot use my 260 GTX atm, I have a standard cpu fan ontop of the heatsink and a sidecase fan, it is obviously not enough, can anyone direct me in the right direction please.

TIA

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
70 degrees and it shuts down ? o.O .. something aint right there my mate used to run his 8800 gt back in the day at like 90 degrees all day every day .

what kind of budget do you have for cooling? then i can point you in the right way

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
10016345dc.jpg

10016305xg.jpg

Spend 20 quid on a real fan :P

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
10016345dc.jpg

10016305xg.jpg

Spend 20 quid on a real fan :P
never new u cud buy airconditioning for that price :P . lmfao that will **** ur air flow inside ur case up x

btw why dont u buy a better case?

Last edited:

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Its not mine lol found it on a forum sum crazy guy rekons its the best cooling system ever hes noticed temp drops between 20-50% it made me lol

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
Its not mine lol found it on a forum sum crazy guy rekons its the best cooling system ever hes noticed temp drops between 20-50% it made me lol
**** me lol . i wouldnt dare do that , " hey guys look at my ****ty pc with half a airconditioning unit attached to the side " lol

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
i wouldnt spend owt else on that pc by looks lol , buy a new case for christ sake and for the fan , that would annoy me silly.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Not too fussed on price to be honest...after work and stuff my pc deserves an overhaul, so Price is object...im just having trouble getting hold of cooling because the shops in my area are incompetent and have crap stock...

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Order online, You could go for one of the new super cool cases iv seen a few about, Or you could invest some money into a water cooling system.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
That pic of the fan is mental, here is one i found lol

2ng7fwm.jpg

Iam running cold water system myself and anyone who knows my msn will tell you my pc is 24/7 365 days a year online, ive forgotten were the off is

lif

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
How much does watercooling, super cool case cost?

Do online shops accept cheques or paypal payments? nationwide refuse to give me a debit card, but barclays have said if I switch I can get one but that wont happen until at least february.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
About £260 for a full custom build, head over to ebay to check prices as they do change

lif

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
How much does watercooling, super cool case cost?

Do online shops accept cheques or paypal payments? nationwide refuse to give me a debit card, but barclays have said if I switch I can get one but that wont happen until at least february.

most online shops (for example ebuyer) will only accept a cheque if its a large amount (£1000+)

but you can pay by paypal in pretty much any online store now.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I had this problem also but with my 8800GT, everyone i asked thought it was a PSU problem but it wassnt, and am not sure what it was but this is what i did.

Removed
All Drivers
All Fans
Memory/RAM
CPU

And the amount of dust i found was unbelievable, i couldnt see all this dust without taking most parts out so you may think its not a dust problem just by looking at it.
Also re pluged all cables just incase some were a little loose.

My problem was it was hitting 70-80 and turning off but after i done these its been fine, but only ever happend if i was running a lot of memory at the same time. But makes sure you check your PSU (Power Supply Unit).

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
most kill a pc dust between cpu cooler and cpu colling rips. make your pc open and clean the coller complete. also some grafik cards have own cooler clean it also!. as next look that your hdd`s not are directly one under one that no air come between. than 3 normal coolersfan for case is more as enough. the front bring in the air the back and side press it out

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
lol two people same time same idea :P and i had that often with the dust between cpu coller and cpu fan

sry for double but that must out

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
I had this problem also but with my 8800GT, everyone i asked thought it was a PSU problem but it wassnt, and am not sure what it was but this is what i did.

Removed
All Drivers
All Fans
Memory/RAM
CPU

And the amount of dust i found was unbelievable, i couldnt see all this dust without taking most parts out so you may think its not a dust problem just by looking at it.
Also re pluged all cables just incase some were a little loose.

My problem was it was hitting 70-80 and turning off but after i done these its been fine, but only ever happend if i was running a lot of memory at the same time. But makes sure you check your PSU (Power Supply Unit).

PSU is a modular stealth 650w, practicly brand new.

most kill a pc dust between cpu cooler and cpu colling rips. make your pc open and clean the coller complete. also some grafik cards have own cooler clean it also!. as next look that your hdd`s not are directly one under one that no air come between. than 3 normal coolersfan for case is more as enough. the front bring in the air the back and side press it out

I clean it once a week, my parts are pretty bunched together my case isnt as big as I would like it, and since im running a modular PSU, I cant attach fans to my my PSU has to be via the board and my board only supports one extra fan.

Last edited: