Need Help FAST! PLEAASEE!

Join Discord

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
I am running Mir on my laptop which has great specs and is more than able to play mir... so you would think...

Anyone know of any regular problems people have with mir lagging?

Any settings i should change?

Also when i load mir it appears in a Small window rather than Maximised to full screen?

Any help would be appreciated?

Im running on windows 7

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Your laptop is fine, any problems will be with the server files as they have never been fixed properly. Which Mir server are you playing?

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Everyone else is fine, Im Playing Mir Revenge. I have tried changing my resolution, Iv tried changing my computers performance settings :/
So stuck :/

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
That's Lapta's server, so you won't get any real help off of anybody from here. If it's a resolution problem either consult your graphics options or go to the Mir Revenge forums and ask Lapta, he'll know more to get rid of windowed mode.

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
No its not in Windowed mode, Its Small.. It loads, and shows up in a low resolution, but has a black box around the edge

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Ah i remember, on my laptop i get two bars down either side and the game is set to 800 x 600 (which is perfect for Mir 2). I wouldn't worry about it, full screen stretches it.

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Yeah but thats the thing its not even running at 800x600 :/ if it was running at that i would be happy lol its even smaller

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The game runs fine on Windows 7.
If you're lagging and others aren't then it has nothing to do with the server, it's all client side.
You might have live antivirus checking your game files as you play. Make sure the Mir directory is set to be excluded from this.
There might be updates in the background causing delay.
There might be Windows 7 indexing going on and .net optimisation if you have SQL etc. installed.
There might be interference of Wifi locally causing intemittent breaks.

Screen res is fixed on Mir. However, your graphics will have several modes that can be selected. Have a look at the graphics setup for colour bit res and actual screen format.

Eclipse

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 4, 2005
Snufkin you little crack head this is where you been hiding.