need help installing new gfx card fastttttttt plzzzzzzz

Join Discord

Time2Die

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2008
as above i need help asap plz.

i just got my nvidia geforce 9800 gt BFG.

so i removed my old 1550 silent programs from pc then turned pc off and removed the card.

grouned my self befor i opened btw.

place it in the x16 pci express slot.

now heres the problem i plug in the 6 pin pci express power cable in to the gfx card but i only have 1 so i pluged in just 1 closed case turned power or and it saying some thing like boot failed need to boot from disk. not 100 % sure turned it off went for tea.

if any 1 is willing to help me can u post back here or even better add me on msn plz

[email protected]

ps i am on laptop so am right next to pc

Time2Die

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2008
bumb think am getting some were now on boot up at trys to boot from cd it trys twice then say

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DICK AND PRESS ENTER

any 1 got any idea ??

Time2Die

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2008
what is it with mods on here **** me go away am pissed off as it is least i need is some u lot moaning for nothing

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Abide by the rules and you wont get moaned at.

Don't expect anybody to help you with an attitude like that.

Time2Die

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2008
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow a bump omg plzzzzz dont infract me for bumping my own post trying to get some help oooooo nooooo

Last edited:

Tomz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2005
You said u plugged in the power slot and u only have 1 does it require 2 or something?

I used to get this error and i just used to reboot comp and it worked.. but what i suggest is double checking everything is secure in ur comp... so you could either check by looking or take everything out that u just clip in like the ram and gfx card etc etc and make sure all connections are in properly.... do that and let us know if it works...

But initially u will find when u google people will advise u to make backup disk or reformat but i thought that when i first got it but to me that should always be last option...

As it was working fine before u put in new gfx card so it could be hardware fault something loose....

mapadale

Reboot machine and go into the Bios

Disable leagacy & Change boot order to boot from CD first.

F10 and save

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
Just about to go buy my new:
Sapphire
Radeon HD3650
512MB AGP Graphics Card

If you still need help i can go through it with you when im installing mine :)
-Dan

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
bumb think am getting some were now on boot up at trys to boot from cd it trys twice then say

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DICK AND PRESS ENTER

any 1 got any idea ??

that is an error with your hdd nothing to do with your gfx card, ive had that error myself