Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2008
cool thxs but only thing is i have no idea how to overclock any thing

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
Read overclocking guides found on overclocking forums, and make sure you fully understand everything, in terms of benefits and risks.

Time2Die

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2008
do u know of any gd ones ? dont want to end up some were like here.. joke joke

no really just dont wanna end up scraping my pc cuz of it.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
You need a decent PSU for a decent graphics card, Otherwise you will end up going through alot of them!

mapadale

XFX 8600GT 1GB DDR2 SLI

Don't go for the cheap equivilant of any card as the hardware capabilties are seriously comprimised on the "Cheap" Versions.

And only over clock you CPU if you are willing to pay out for a new one in 3/6 month time when uve buggered it, as you don't have the correct cooling for over clocking.

@RedDragonX

Don't advise anyone to over clock on any processor, unless you are sure they have the system to handle over clocking. As you are giving out bad advise telling them to do this. A standard H/F that comes with most Intel/AMD chips are not addicute enough to handle over clocking and the chip will need to be replaced within 3/6 month and also make sure its not a pre built machine ether, as over clocking voids your warranty as a chip has a 1% chance of blowing on normal systems.

Last edited:

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
@RedDragonX

Don't advise anyone to over clock on any processor, unless you are sure they have the system to handle over clocking. As you are giving out bad advise telling them to do this. A standard H/F that comes with most Intel/AMD chips are not addicute enough to handle over clocking and the chip will need to be replaced within 3/6 month and also make sure its not a pre built machine ether, as over clocking voids your warranty as a chip has a 1% chance of blowing on normal systems.

No, for a mild overclock on an E2180, you wont need to adjust any voltages and so the stock HSF will be enough. I also stated he should fully understand the risks/benefits of overclocking which completely renders your post useless. Maybe i should of said risks/benefits and prerequisites but thats no reason to throw a fit. Now please stop trolling.

P.S: Who the **** buys an 8600GT 1GB when you can get a newer, more efficient and faster card for the same price?

P.P.S: Get your ass back to the previous thread and stop dodging my question.

Last edited:

mapadale

No, for a mild overclock on an E2180, you wont need to adjust any voltages and so the stock HSF will be enough. I also stated he should fully understand the risks/benefits of overclocking which completely renders your post useless. Maybe i should of said risks/benefits and prerequisites but thats no reason to throw a fit. Now please stop trolling.

P.S: Who the **** buys an 8600GT 1GB when you can get a newer, more efficient and faster card for the same price?

P.P.S: Get your ass back to the previous thread and stop dodging my question.
Have you seen the comparison between the XFX 8600 GT and the 9600GT - The XFX 8600 GT out performs on the 9600 GT and by the way I said XFX 8600 GT not 8600GT as there is a huge difference.

And you souldn't advise anyone to over clock at all, unless they specifically ask for it.

And as for avoiding your question in the other thread I answered it, just not the comment you made after.

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
Have you seen the comparison between the XFX 8600 GT and the 9600GT - The XFX 8600 GT out performs on the 9600 GT and by the way I said XFX 8600 GT not 8600GT as there is a huge difference.

And you souldn't advise anyone to over clock at all, unless they specifically ask for it.

And as for avoiding your question in the other thread I answered it, just not the comment you made after.

Proof please.

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
So your basing these claims of the XFX 8600 GT being faster than the 9600 GT from your own tests?, and not benchmark tests found elsewhere?

Please enlighten me, what is the ''difference'' between a 8600 GT and an XFX 8600 GT as from the 10+ benches i've seen, the 9600GT destroys it.

I think your chatting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.