Netcheck Problem Fixed

Join Discord

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
Okay, persistence pays off. If your netcheck is not performing the check properly when you load the gameserver, i have reached a solution after 3 reformats, a memory and HD change, hours of searching lomcn and chinese sites, and after using 5 different registry editors.

Firstly i will say this is a last resort, if you are adamant that you have set up files correctly, SQL and ODBC etc, and have tried all other solutions listed in forum. As a helpful person pointed out in another thread, you need to delete the key from your registry and re-enter it (with armadillo patch again) to get anywhere.

The problem here is getting to the correct key. Amidillo patch actually uses around 5/6 different areas of the registry, and unfortunately the majority of registry editors/cleaners will not pick this up as these registry paths are blocked. Therefore you will need Trash Key Finder. One catch, to get the important key in the registry (Armadillo 4.10+) you need the purchased/registered version of the prog. Therefore you have to get a cracked version (to avoid paying for it of course :)). Anyhoo this is another problem as 9/10 cracked versions do not work or corrupt your system (which forced me to format HD again). Hope this helps anyone who was in my position. I have the cracked version of the prog, if there is a demand for it I will upload it.

One more point is, I re-installed windows once more to see if the key would now work first time... it doesn't, for my case i have to delete the key each time and redo the armadillo patch to have a fully functioning server.

Apologies if this solution is elsewhere, i have spent a long time scouring the forums, and read all through the 3.38 solutions also, of which none have solved my prob. thanks :)

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
The Armadillo Patcher Supplied with the program was Written by the Chinese and on Windows XP - this means that on most it works but there will be systems that refuse to pass this stage. A Good exmaple is without the Chinese Lang Pack installed, it refuses to register, this is also the case if you try it on Windows 2003 for example and probably Vista.

I know from my playing around many many months ago - that once it had the wrong keys stored in there, it was next to impossible to get it registered again with the keys supplied, the only way I found to solve this of course was a fresh install.

Now the problem with 3.55 and all these Cracks required and maybe AntiVirus Blocking the programs as well - its not a simple thing to get a 3.55 running, compunded with the fact the files are in chinese and having to buthered versions together to get things working.

The most Common things people have problems with are:

1. Cannot register the program with Amradillo Crack
  2. Cannot get NetCheck / Loader working properly (which means Zero Stats)
  3. Black Screen on Start up (Client side)
  4. Server working fine for ages then suddenly stops
  5. People trying to run 3.56 with 3G client and failing badly (you need JOB Client type)
All I can say is that I took my set of files across 4 machines (all different CPU etc) and they worked out of the box - this is a problem in itself as I cannot re-create the problems people are having and thus cannot advise what to do next.

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
The Armadillo Patcher Supplied with the program was Written by the Chinese and on Windows XP - this means that on most it works but there will be systems that refuse to pass this stage. A Good exmaple is without the Chinese Lang Pack installed, it refuses to register, this is also the case if you try it on Windows 2003 for example and probably Vista.

This is not entirely true, I actually have the 3.55 files fully functional with a server online on windows server 2003 Release 2. I followed the guide exactly as stated in milos first post to get it to work.

Well done on getting yours to work darc :D

Upvote 0