netcheck problems

Join Discord

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
hi all,

had my 3.55 server running for about a week now (offline, purely for development with other servers), and all was good. Then last night, the loader reported there is a problem with my hardware key and wanted me to re-enter or set to defaults. So after about 3 comp reboots and using the armidillopatch another couple times, it decides to start working again.

This now gives me a prob, where after i enter login details, the server button comes up, but when I click it, nothing happens. I noticed that my netcheck now does not display the long key anymore... but displays chinese characters and something along the lines of "pc ====> etc". This all translated into something like "abuse, westerners abuse abuse!" =-O. So anyway this is why i think I have a prob with netcheck..

Also is it correct to be using regserver instead of logingate?, as that is what i have been doing for the past week.

I have done a search for this, but could not find a problem like it, including in the release thread. I am using XP, 3.55 server and the client loader that came with it. Any help is much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
Okay here is a screenie of my situation with the netcheck not working...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
and this is the key problem i am getting every so often... works majority of time though.

Attachments

• untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

PureKill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2007
United Kingdom
it is asking for a key and you need to put in the key which is found on lomcn somewhere. I do know or i think that the key on lomcn doesnt work as StealthZone is having trouble with it too. But goodluck and do what i said above.

Upvote 0

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
it is asking for a key and you need to put in the key which is found on lomcn somewhere. I do know or i think that the key on lomcn doesnt work as StealthZone is having trouble with it too. But goodluck and do what i said above.
Hi yes, I have entered this key below, and have had the server running...

But i dont think this is effecting netcheck is it? As i only get this key msg say 1 out of 10 times i start server..

The key from the release thread is the one i use with armidillopatch which worked correctly first time.
Holley
000016-UM409Q-XQD9QN-AE9749-KXBWPC-ZH6DY5-Y35D1E-B7EKMW-T7WT0D-1ZNPB1

Upvote 0

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
must be dodgey gates or inis with your gates, just run a quick check through it.

re-installed tried again, and same result.
its a shame, followed LS guide, simple enough, and my norm 3g server went up easily first time...

hmm guess no1 can help on this matter :( ty anyways guys

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Registering the Server (Amradillo) is normally a One-off process but any hardware Change will ruin that Key in the reg and render it useless. A real Armdillo key locked to yur hardware would work first time, every time but as this is a Memeory hack method to inject a known key to register it - then this is also why it fails to run on Windows 2003 or not every hardware Setup.

The next Stage of Checks are to do with the key stored in your INI file, on a real bought server, this would check with 17NG, say it is valid and run, once again it is using a Memory Injection method / key Server type thing (similar to the way MIR2 had to be run) and again this is prone on the odd machine to fail, either straight away to Randomly.

Sometjhing must have changed from a running server to somethign that Fails on netcheck etc, any idea's? I have registered and run 3.55 on at least 4 Differerent machines now, all running local (as in not Live) and so far no failure as such.

Upvote 0

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
Registering the Server (Amradillo) is normally a One-off process but any hardware Change will ruin that Key in the reg and render it useless. A real Armdillo key locked to yur hardware would work first time, every time but as this is a Memeory hack method to inject a known key to register it - then this is also why it fails to run on Windows 2003 or not every hardware Setup.

The next Stage of Checks are to do with the key stored in your INI file, on a real bought server, this would check with 17NG, say it is valid and run, once again it is using a Memory Injection method / key Server type thing (similar to the way MIR2 had to be run) and again this is prone on the odd machine to fail, either straight away to Randomly.

Sometjhing must have changed from a running server to somethign that Fails on netcheck etc, any idea's? I have registered and run 3.55 on at least 4 Differerent machines now, all running local (as in not Live) and so far no failure as such.
thanks at least i understand more about it now :)

I had server running for about a week and was no problem for me, set up first time. I am not sure why this is happening now, but my system/hardware has not changed in the past week. its as if it decided to stop accepting the 'one-off' key. because of this problem i am unable to get past the server select screen.. and even when i do get the server booted up the netcheck still plays up. Hmmm i will try a restore on the weekend, see if that makes a difference.

Upvote 0

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
the key problem seems to have solved itself now, as it no longer asks me to re-enter it...

I am getting ingame, but as netcheck is not running properly still, I have 0 stats etc. all fixes mentioned in release thread have been tried. My problem is identical to this thread http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=46785&highlight=netcheck and this hasnt been resolved. This is the same for both 3.55 and 3.56 on my system. Any further help on this is greatly appreciated :)

Upvote 0