New chinese mir3 with sins server meant to be coming online next week

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
wow the website has changed dramatically since I last looked too. It could be up today then I guess..

http://www.mir3gsp.com/

Edit: They have definitely gone ahead with pay to play as well. I'm guessing there will be no game shop items in game.
for $2.20 you can get 2000 minutes which is 33hours. I guess people won't be AFK leveling their pigs anymore :p

£20 for less than a month is a little extreme though. Games like WoW only charge £9 for a month...

33 hours would be in game time surely?

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
33 hours would be in game time surely?

Not sure will have to wait and see, I think it will put a lot of people off tho. Would people on here really pay £20 a month for the game when other games are either fp2 with gameshop or p2p at under £10 a month.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
wow the website has changed dramatically since I last looked too. It could be up today then I guess..

http://www.mir3gsp.com/

Edit: They have definitely gone ahead with pay to play as well. I'm guessing there will be no game shop items in game.
for $2.20 you can get 2000 minutes which is 33hours. I guess people won't be AFK leveling their pigs anymore :p

£20 for less than a month is a little extreme though. Games like WoW only charge £9 for a month...

Been nice following the progression of this server lol, i aint paying for a private server lol.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Not sure will have to wait and see, I think it will put a lot of people off tho. Would people on here really pay £20 a month for the game when other games are either fp2 with gameshop or p2p at under £10 a month.

Mir is built around afk mining, afk pig leveling and afk skill leveling... So you have to pay to do those things is a little stupid and for double the price of a more reliable game like world of warcraft.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
it's nothing to do with the game. you register your account online, and they'll just use php to update your account status depending on your minutes used ingame and the credit added to your account - any one here could have the system up and running in a few hours.

I dont agree with them monetizing it in this way, but if that's the route they wanna go.

LordOfWar1

Known Cheater
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 5, 2014
Don't listen to LOW, hes got no idea, think hes randomly pulling info out of his arse, GM's have been working hard fixing bugs / its still in beta phases and problems are being fixed regularly, still nowhere near finished I don't think.
lol

just received this
Estimated that Beijing August 19, 2014 will open registration account

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
quite sad making people pay to play..

noob-hello is saying to me that there will be 60-80% discounts occasionally and I think new players will get 1 day free access. Might play for the trial to see what user count is like.

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
the 1st day 'trial' will have alot then after that people will stop because you shouldnt be forced to pay for a private mir 3 server (wemade wasn't even P2P)

anyone to put money into there pockets is daft wemade will just end up taking them to court for profit making with them costing £19,80.

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
Looks awesome, I'll most likely be having a bash on this whilst waiting for C# Mir. Also, I would definitely support a Chinese P2P system (paying for time in-game) as long as their is no paying for power and other crap on top. Purely pay for time and everything else is all available in-game. Most Chinese MMOs (official ones) use the pay per hour system with a cash shop on top.

If this server is $2.20 (~£1.50) for 33h of time in-game and there's nothing else needing to be paid for apart from that alone, I wouldn't let that stop me playing tbh I'd even go as far as saying I'd be happy to pay for it. If you can pay for power on top though they can **** right off.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Just looked at their pay structure, and its very low tbh.

£20 =
36,000 minutes = 600 hours = 25 days of 24/7 playing = 1 hour a day for 20 months

It is minutes in game, not date x to date y.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

£20 =
36,000 minutes = 600 hours = 25 days of 24/7 playing = 1 hour a day for 20 months

Let's be serious.. who plays 1hour a day? >.>
During the holiday's i'm playing games 12-18hours a day. Even when I was at school I would play 8 hours a day.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands

£20 =

Either way they can fck off, if they had the newest Korean stuff I'd maybe pay but these files were free to play before when wemade hosted it asking money for a free game to play it is just sad and then there's the fact that they'll also probably keep the Gameshop crimson peacock had.

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
also when you afk level skills will be costing you and also playing on 800 ping from Europe enjoy.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Trouble is they can be prosecuted any they probably will be because its official files and might be quite popular. however I don't see why Chinese would play as im sure mir3 is free over there and they have a choice of two types.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Let's be serious.. who plays 1hour a day? >.>
During the holiday's i'm playing games 12-18hours a day. Even when I was at school I would play 8 hours a day.

Thats for 20 months though. You're basically paying 3p and hour.

If you're playing 12 hours a day, every day, then you're still only paying £20 every 1.5 months

My point is that although they're asking for money, it's actually not much money at all - and if it means they can provide a long lasting server, which has regular updates and fixes because of the income they have, then why not.

People can't run servers for free.

But i also agree with others comments. It will be abit much if they have this AND a gameshop. I did see a gameshop in the beta, so lets hope they use that for something else.

---------- Post Merged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Trouble is they can be prosecuted any they probably will be because its official files and might be quite popular. however I don't see why Chinese would play as im sure mir3 is free over there and they have a choice of two types.

Are chinese people allowed to play wemades mir3? I expected they'd have blocked them out too as they need a KSIN to make an account.

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
really dont understand why they would make it P2P when they could just add game shop the P2P will put alot of people off more than people actually think just seems like they done a big mistake already its the same old basic wemade files with no updates anyone to pay for that must be abit silly imo.