New graphics card

Join Discord

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I recently brought x2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 1792MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) for my desktop. Not only do they look good they will play any game easy.

Only problem is they cost £430

Also had to buy a power supply of 1200w+ to run them both lol.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
im not after anythin amazing, that asus one is ideal for what i need / want it for. just a S-Video out and hd for my monitor (when i get it) an my hd tele also when i get it lol, so i dont spend money now to have to spend it when i get either of them

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Yup Asus are good for cheap good graphics I think MSI do cheap ones too but not sure.

Legion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2010
for 120 you could easily get a GTX 260, 96* GT/GTX (*=series), or even the 8800GTX which is as good as the gtx 260 to be honest, can get them all for around 120 ish, and will have the ports you require, I run the 260 myself and plays all games.

The Joker

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 3, 2010
UK
nice, i am thinking of making my own computer, monther board is around £100, same as processor, also will need water cooler, custom box and top catch ram, then i will overclock the processor :)

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
This:
http://www.saverstore.com/product/2...128bit-PCIe-X16-2xDVI-IDisplayPortHDMI-Graphi

£135.15 inc VAT

Or this:
http://www.saverstore.com/product/2...DR5-128bit-PCIe-20-VGADVI-IHDMI-Graphics-Card

£105.26 inc VAT

i have ati eah4670 1gb ddr3 and i play in all games on full graphics...

GPU temp on me eah4670 32º normal and playing for example cod mw2 38-40º...

i still feel (in my own oppinion) that the one i posted orginally is slightly better.

would the DDR5 on the graphics cards make much difference or work with my motherboard that is DDR2?? its been a while since iv researched anythin like this.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
nice, i am thinking of making my own computer, monther board is around £100, same as processor, also will need water cooler, custom box and top catch ram, then i will overclock the processor :)

Whats the point of over clocking when you can get a quad core CPU these days, Over clocking is so much hassle for the little you gain, Your going to need a pretty hefty cooling system maybe even water cooled which will set you back a fair bit without buying any of your components, This is a bundle i do suggest quite often to people, Its a very nice little upgrade and great in value, If your a serious gamer you would perhaps need to look into getting a good gfx card,

If your a total geek and want to over clock ect then no point even looking!

http://www.saverstore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?d=1&product_id=20034511&rw=y

Basicly you get your Mobo, 2gb of ram (single stick) a 5ghz processor (intel dual core 2.5ghz) There is also onboard graphics which are decent enough to run WoW.

I would try help with the first post about the graphics card but im not too sure whats on the market these days and what price.

jonathan508

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 27, 2007
Europe
i still feel (in my own oppinion) that the one i posted orginally is slightly better.

would the DDR5 on the graphics cards make much difference or work with my motherboard that is DDR2?? its been a while since iv researched anythin like this.

No lol ... in ur pc u have ddr2 but in gpu dont need put ddr2 ... i have ddr3 in gpu but in me pc ddr2

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
No lol ... in ur pc u have ddr2 but in gpu dont need put ddr2 ... i have ddr3 in gpu but in me pc ddr2

ok i wasnt sure if it would of caused errors or not. i need to be looking for a graphics card as i would like one now lol ><

can you post the website you would normally use so i can compair the different websites please peeps.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
Tjhere good graphics cards warlock, just the only thing missin is the s-video out put >< im not after any thin amazing in particular, its not for gaming etc but as long as it handles a fair few of the new games, but comes with HD if possable, ill have a look throught the website and find out if they have one wit hthe s-video output.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
Why not just buy a VGA to S-Video adapter?

iv been searching for one, only ever came across a s-video input one never got the output, so i thought i needed a fairly good graphics card why not get one with the s-video output on that

DON'T get the Asus 3850. The fans are notorius for cutting out and you are left with a dud. There is a range of directX11 cards that have just come out in your price range with more stream processors and faster access ram than most other cards.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=56&subid=1515

Have a browse.

some very nice graphics cards there, if i can fi nd a tv output PCI card im gunna go for one of these (pay day wednesday and birthday saturday) so might have a bit more to spend

in the range of £150-£180 (i think) what am i looking at for a card for that price, btw i might need a new power pack aswell (only got a 400w one atm)

Last edited: