New Higher Spec Pc

smoochy boys on tour

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Hey all,

been along time since i bought a new pc but mines on its way out, making a very strange buzzing noise.

anyway i was looking around and looking at AlienWare PC's, there damn nice but costs was to much as im sure i can get the same spec pc's for cheaper and not paying for just the AlienWare name,

anyway i guess what im asking is how simple is it to build your own pc, dont get me wrong im not stupid with pc's but with that in mind im not going to jump in buy loads of bits and find out i cannot do it,

want to spend about £600 monitor not included,

Advice??

Thank you
Shaun

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
In all fairness its not rocket science to build a pc and install windows on. The bit you may struggle with is wiring the power button ect to the mother board pins however its very simple if you read the mohterboard guide booklet which tells you what everything does and where it goes. Id stay away from alienware its very over priced although at the same time very sexy looking. You can download the alienware Theme from thier website to install on your computer to make it have that alien ware feal.

I will leave the components to someone else as im not 100% upto date with whats going for the best value.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Yes build your own pc :) you may even be able to use some parts from your old pc such as dvd drive's, ram etc. Maybe buy a motherboard bundle and read the manual carefully. When i built my 1st pc i forgot to connect the processor fan lol and blew it. So just be carefull but it is all very easy and worthwhile :)

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
ok so by the sounds of it as long as i read the motherboard manual it can all be done simply as long as im careful,

next question i guess was does anyone know of any sites that can give good bundles of basically all the required parts needed, whether i use them or not least it wil give me a idea of what is require to fully build a pc,

Thank you for your comments hopefully my first one will happen with out me blowing anything up,

Mystickiller

Bored AF
Golden Oldie
Dec 24, 2003
Minnesota, USA
ok so by the sounds of it as long as i read the motherboard manual it can all be done simply as long as im careful,

next question i guess was does anyone know of any sites that can give good bundles of basically all the required parts needed, whether i use them or not least it wil give me a idea of what is require to fully build a pc,

Thank you for your comments hopefully my first one will happen with out me blowing anything up,

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/270467-31-system-builder-marathon-enthusiast

Also guides there on how to setup pc and such. $1300 should be somewhere around 700pounds. Not sure if components will be very cheap tho IDK.