New Home Zone

smoochy boys on tour

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I spended like 1-2 hours work on the map. So i din't take my time on the objects but ill look into them and find other ones.

The trees look ok. If you think about it. Trees carnt live in the desert so obv its goin to look old and wrong And the trees in the grass is goin to grow better. Due to it aint in hot weather :P

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Tree's can live in desert.

Also no such word as dint and spended and carnt

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Lmao, Il post my maps its not a problem..
Jelous ? of what a crap make like this one ?
And please link me to where i posted my map

This map is crap how can you even mark it 6.. when objects dont even match the tiles..

Il post my maps once you showed me where i posted before ok ?

dick head

EDIT -
If you like i will even re make the above map with matching objects / tiles

I suggest you quit it, constructive criticism is fine and all but there's no need to be an arse.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I spended like 1-2 hours work on the map. So i din't take my time on the objects but ill look into them and find other ones.

ALWAYS spend time on them.. as that's what makes the map, your basically saying you threw it down and left it.

The trees look ok. If you think about it. Trees carnt live in the desert so obv its goin to look old and wrong And the trees in the grass is goin to grow better. Due to it aint in hot weather :P

I would call it more dry mud.. than sand, as there is a much lighter tile.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Doesnt matter what you call it, mud and sand come in more than 1 colour :001_tt2:

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Ah my bad i also got you confused with fubu as your names are simular, he was the one who posted a map the other day simular to this, i apologise but theres no need for you to scare people off that are willing to try, you dont get many people attempting or posting maps these days anyone trying to make this forum abit more active should not be slated. Obviously he wanted advice but theres no need to be a complete arse about it. I dont make maps and never have been able to this is part of the reason i fully support this guy.

End

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Ah my bad i also got you confused with fubu as your names are simular, he was the one who posted a map the other day simular to this, i apologise but theres no need for you to scare people off that are willing to try, you dont get many people attempting or posting maps these days anyone trying to make this forum abit more active should not be slated. Obviously he wanted advice but theres no need to be a complete arse about it. I dont make maps and never have been able to this is part of the reason i fully support this guy.

End
fag lol, yeh i liked tht map i posted but dunno if il use it :thumbup2:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Does this look any better then the 1st post?

Jam Helped me with the grass.

PS:Recon i should expand the map?:)

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
looks good, but is too close to the edge, if u went into the left and top corners you'd see black

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
looks good, but is too close to the edge, if u went into the left and top corners you'd see black

In mapedit up the top u have some little arrows up down left right, move the map down and right a bit (If u can without it going off the map) Will solve that prob

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Truthfully, ditch map it looks horrid.

Id suggest do a square or rectangle, not a odd sod shape like you've done here, its easier to place blocks into a square than into a circle, also try making initial map size 400x400 and start around 200x200, that means you got plenty working space, and an open ocean around outside for possible island add-ons, or extensions.

Also by doing a rectangle doesn't mean you cant use bridges, you can implement bridges/moats into the down design, IF its big enough to, dont put it in if its not big enough.

Although the top left bit does look rather good, if you made a new map and carried out that detail and effort onto the new one, = spot on!

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Truthfully, ditch map it looks horrid.

Id suggest do a square or rectangle, not a odd sod shape like you've done here, its easier to place blocks into a square than into a circle, also try making initial map size 400x400 and start around 200x200, that means you got plenty working space, and an open ocean around outside for possible island add-ons, or extensions.

Also by doing a rectangle doesn't mean you cant use bridges, you can implement bridges/moats into the down design, IF its big enough to, dont put it in if its not big enough.

Although the top left bit does look rather good, if you made a new map and carried out that detail and effort onto the new one, = spot on!

I will take your edvice but try make some cave maps. Never tryed cave maps befor. This is my 2nd attemp of making a nice map. Well nice enough in my opinion. I seen people making 1st-2nd maps hey all ways make it small but get people actaully like them. So i guess they dont care how big the map is? Just how detailed it is? Or am i totaly wrong?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i think it looks ok but u need to post them when they are finished imo not half way thro

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I will take your edvice but try make some cave maps. Never tryed cave maps befor. This is my 2nd attemp of making a nice map. Well nice enough in my opinion. I seen people making 1st-2nd maps hey all ways make it small but get people actaully like them. So i guess they dont care how big the map is? Just how detailed it is? Or am i totaly wrong?

Smallish detailed maps are wins in most servers eyes as they are good for the small user counts. Big maps are too but usually people don't complete them or add any detail so they look horrid. If you load up a RME map you notice they are large but covered in detail.