New M2 and Client Translation Status

Join Discord

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
I've begain translating the M2 and Client found Here and am going to use this thread to keep you all updated.

-Item Stats Translated

stats1py5.jpg

stats2vz9.jpg

-Stat Information Tab Translated

infobk0.jpg

Thread will be updated as I Translate

Client Exe Download (Download Link updated as I Translate)

Last edited:

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
You beat me to it :( i was thinking about doing a side project of translating these, but seen as though your doing it, it doesn't really matter :)

Nice Release

/Head

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Nice work. I know a few people that I was speaking to interested in translating these.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Is the translation hard? Is it going inside the m2server and changing things, if so what programs would be used? :dunce:

Nice work though, keep it up. :D

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
Its going inside the M2Server and the Mir2.exe with a Hex Editor and searching for strings and relacing them with the english. Prob easier said then done.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Its going inside the M2Server and the Mir2.exe with a Hex Editor and searching for strings and relacing them with the english. Prob easier said then done.

Okay thanks, which hex editor you use? oh and are there any good hex guides or sites that explain in further detail. Sorry for the question, just curious if i could do it.

:bounce:

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
I use UltraEdit and I only started with Hexing last night when I attempted to translate the client didnt use any guides so I don't know if there is any.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Nice Work Mate. . . I Translating These Me Self Started Last Night Lol So Can Be LEarnt Quite Easy I Surpose Keep It Up.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
i dont understand how to use Hex editor's how you change chinese or korean name's to english

/ancient

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Its very simple. Doesnt take you long until you get to know what your doing with the translations.
Hope to see it all done sortly.
You will love changing them again when there is an updated to these files haha. Perhaps keep all the strings on a document so you can change them again if there is an update.

@Ancient basically its all jibberish or hexidecimal :P and you just need to find the chinese lettering with the exe. Then just simply replace that with the english.

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
will you release your client and save me doing all my stuff again :Das im looking through the error messages and i have only completed the rollover on the first part of the interface

@koni i think its
金币 or bdf0b1d2
but theres a lot of them so i dont know if u have to change the lot but im gonna dl that file up top and check in a hex editor. edit:- i allready have them :P

Last edited:

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
all done now cheers

for anyone else open the m2server with ultraedit

search for ½ð±Ò replace with Gold f3 to find next and repeat and then keep going with f3 and replacing untill all are done

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
the m2 has been done to the best of my knowledge i finished the startup lists and the option tables yesterday.
there is possibly still a few more thing that need doing but most of the other stuff is client translations as far as im aware .

I also found out that these files are just a testing release and not for commercial or basic server use.

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
all done now cheers

for anyone else open the m2server with ultraedit

search for ½ð±Ò replace with Gold f3 to find next and repeat and then keep going with f3 and replacing untill all are done

you will need to make sure that all the ones you change in there are not part of something else like when u get a message saying not enough gold to purchase item and so forth.

or are those sort of things in the client .?