new motherboard

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
my friends buying a new motherboard tomoro. one to suit an athlon xp processor.

once the motherboard has been fitted with the gfx, proccessor, hdd, sound etc etc again, is there any requirement to format the hard drive? or will it work fine with just fitting everything to the new motherboard?

TheMaster2k

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2005
England (Uk)
Farril said:
my friends buying a new motherboard tomoro. one to suit an athlon xp processor.

once the motherboard has been fitted with the gfx, proccessor, hdd, sound etc etc again, is there any requirement to format the hard drive? or will it work fine with just fitting everything to the new motherboard?

You will need to format your mates computer really cos the older mainboard drivers will be on your harddrive and tbh you might get a BSOD so my best advise is to format have a fresh install of xp and new drivers installed then at least you'll no if you get BSOD it will be your new Mainboard

ive just recently bought new mainboard cpu and ram :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ok thanks.

so all he'd need to do wld b..

fit all the components on to the mb.
start pc
format pc
install xp
install drivers

and it should work ok?

is v hard to install a new mb? hes rubbish with pc's. is there anything i shld tell him befor he attempts to install it?

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
is he likely to be stupid enough, not to wear anti-static equipment, make sure he does that otherwise hes running a huge risk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ok. ive told him that. he wanted to get one tomoro. i said if he cant find it in the shop then he shld get it off internet. spacecomputers.com is selling it for £50

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
theres only one Abit NF7-S 2.0 selling on ebay at £32 starting bid. and it lasts 6 days. + i dont really trust ebay.

wouldnt any mb that supports that processor b any good?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ok hes ordered that board. will b here in a few days. thanks for advice.