new router problems

Join Discord

mir3Mist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 11, 2005
hey ho all hope someone can help me tbh

server was running fine... then router went boom so i got me a nice lil white netgear one put it in everything works and me being me just "assumed" mir3 server would work also being that kaoris ams still worked (yes i checked that)

but i come to run the server now i always used to have every ip as my wan ip but for some reason loginsrv wont detect that logingate is tryin to run and doesnt say its running .... set it all back to 127.0.0.1 and its fine

now maybe i thought to myself what if its the port forwarding? no problem just forward all ports to this comp... still same problem >< if anyone got any ideas throw them this way pleaaase

/james

also kaori i used your ams.. but when i was editin it making it all fite in my site i had to take out the 00footer.php ... but i
put the copyright thing at the bottom of the page where it would of been.. hope not mad :p

Last edited:

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
well as im not familuar with the mir3 files (never seen them) but im used to 1.9 mir2 files what i would suggest setting up the static ip in local area connection properties (protocool) forwarding the ports the that i.p setting all the files to that ip 192.xxx.x.x maybe different on netgear router. then post the configs for the loginserv and the dbserver (as you need to set a couple of i.p`s to your global i.p`s) if you post then ini`s i think we could work out what one`s to post here`s what my 1.4 file ini`s look like :

LoginServ addtable/txt

;°ø¹é Çã¿ë ¾ÈÇÔ
;Server Title Remote Public Gates...
BrainSkan Line1-7 192.168.1.4 (global ip) (globalip):7100 192.168.1.4:7100

as you can the the extra bit is added to allow me to connect via the lan i.p adress.

dbserver serverinfo.txt

192.168.1.4 (global ip) 7200 192.168.1.4 7200

again i have added another bit to the end my lan ip and the port to allow me to connect there is 1 other ip that needs to be global

Mir200 > runaddress.txt

(global ip)

this is hw my files are set up i know w are talking mir3 here as im not sure if this will help you 1 bit but it may be a little guide to work from. good luck

/Zid

mir3Mist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 11, 2005
ive always used static lan ips and my wan ip is also static

works lovely all ips set to 127.0.0.1 -> also works fine as 192.168.0.3 problem comes with when i put it to my wan ip... unless there is a way i can bypass settin all the ips to wan and only few?

*crys for old router*

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Lets go over a few Obivious things and see If I can help...

Your Old router would have dished out one set of Ip's - in my case of my old router it was 192.168.123.x - Now the new router might have a different range for example 192.168.1.x and so forth. It is important of course that you change the static IP of all computers connected to match this new config.

Next up - The first thing I would have done myself is to set all the IP's on the server + Client to be Local Only and then test and make sure I can play the game from one pc across the LAN to the server. Once this part is complete, port forward 7000,7100 & 7200 to the IP of the machine running the server and change the parts required as per my guide.

The only other problem I can foresee happening is the router itself, not all routers have Loopback built in which means you cannot connect to your WAN ip from inside your LAN - I must add that out of 4 routers I have owned, all of them support this feature.

No reason why all Ips set up on LAN would not work - no reason either why setting up 127.0.0.1 would not work either as long as the right IPS are placed in the config - a lot of the server talks to itself and only certain bits speak outside so to speak...

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
as demonic said new lan i.p adress with new router best bet going to Start > Run > cmd > 'ip config /all'