New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Well weather I complete the project or throw in the towel early, When I finished with these files I will release what I have for those to learn / pick up and carry on.

I am long way off from giving up.

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Well weather I complete the project or throw in the towel early, When I finished with these files I will release what I have for those to learn / pick up and carry on.

Nice one mate.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005

A release of decent files? Awesome. :001_wub:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Not sure if you've considered the sound system ?
This has always been another cause of some client lag/resource problems in busy areas due to using big, fat wav files.
The ogg format is far superior to wav and offers a better compression ratio vs quality than Mp3.
http://www.vorbis.com/ is the home of this format and possibly worth a look.

Last edited:

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
This has always been another cause of some client lag/resource problems in busy areas due to using big, fat wav files.
The ogg format is far superior to wav and offers a better compression ration vs quality than Mp3.

Yep good point.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
The ogg format is far superior to wav and offers a better compression ratio vs quality than Mp3.

Cheers for the tip, Sound will be done at a later date as for now Graphics is where i am at.. or trying to do :p

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Im not trying to put u down, i think it would be amazing if u did manage to do everything your setting out to do, and released them..... but ive seen it time and time again, and experienced it myself... ppl claim they are gonna do this... get so far.. then realize after workin for so long, theres still so much more that has to be done and it puts them off and they give up

even if as u say u release ur half done work, no1 would even pick it up and finish it either

A release of decent files? Awesome. :001_wub:
wouldnt of expected u to be so confident in a release liek this lol :001_tt2:

but keep up the good work, and hope u dont give up :001_tt2:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Sorry for lack of updates.

I have been having a hard time with the clients.

I tried so many approaches, and finnally.. I got there.

It isn't amazing progress but I can get to the Login page, I can click Buttons (No Indent animation yet, Thats next, Very quick to do). I can drag the Login dialog around with anyout Errors or glitches and the buttons work still.

Now that i have a ground work for the client, this should take shape MUCH faster.

Bed time now.

Thanks for the supportive comments... I will try keep you guys updated mroe oftern.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Sorry for lack of updates.

I have been having a hard time with the clients.

I tried so many approaches, and finnally.. I got there.

It isn't amazing progress but I can get to the Login page, I can click Buttons (No Indent animation yet, Thats next, Very quick to do). I can drag the Login dialog around with anyout Errors or glitches and the buttons work still.

Now that i have a ground work for the client, this should take shape MUCH faster.

Bed time now.

Thanks for the supportive comments... I will try keep you guys updated mroe oftern.

Your doing a great job updating as it is, don't worry about it ^^

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Had to restart client due to performance and loading issues.

This is my 6th attempt at creating the client.. Performance seems to be holding for now.

legendofmirclient201003.png

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
great job JamieM.. i am really glad to see people trying to give out some of thier blood work into this again..

i really don't worry if this project will or will not end up into a new version of mir but i am still glad in giving you some support and give you some positive comments..

congrats with the work.. you really deserve to hear them..

also i wanted to ask you if you are still using the wil/wix package to hold the animations or if you compiled a new kind of package

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
great job JamieM.. i am really glad to see people trying to give out some of thier blood work into this again..

i really don't worry if this project will or will not end up into a new version of mir but i am still glad in giving you some support and give you some positive comments..

congrats with the work.. you really deserve to hear them..

also i wanted to ask you if you are still using the wil/wix package to hold the animations or if you compiled a new kind of package

Well I gave it ago with the Wil, but they were so ineffeicient so i made my own, slightly larger (1 - 2 % larger) but much faster loading.

An yea Thanks for the support.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
you are still packing up bmp images i guess..

probably the best way is to keep them bmps if you wish to mask them and get rid of the black background.. i have been trying other methods but they aren't realiable like using bmps..

on the other side bmp images are quite heavy.. i was trying to think of a way to lower the size of these sets but i can't find one that works properly for now...

if i have some ideas can i tell you?

also can you tell me if there will be a chance of having more screen resolutions in future?

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
y performance what do you mean? stability, slow responses? I can give u some advice .NET is my platform!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
y performance what do you mean? stability, slow responses? I can give u some advice .NET is my platform!

What I mean is advice i have been given is that .NET is a platform that can suffer from performance issues, especially for gaming reasons.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
you are still packing up bmp images i guess..

probably the best way is to keep them bmps if you wish to mask them and get rid of the black background.. i have been trying other methods but they aren't realiable like using bmps..

on the other side bmp images are quite heavy.. i was trying to think of a way to lower the size of these sets but i can't find one that works properly for now...

if i have some ideas can i tell you?

also can you tell me if there will be a chance of having more screen resolutions in future?

It has been coded in a way to accept Higher resolutions and I believe it will accept more then one type of image format (24/32 bit ect).

Last edited:

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Nice to see theres still peoplw willing to get involved and do stuff properly, rather than get a set of files and claim them as there own. Very nice work mate, keep it up :)

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Nice to see theres still peoplw willing to get involved and do stuff properly, rather than get a set of files and claim them as there own. Very nice work mate, keep it up :)

if someone take a undone set of code and spent close to a yr coding in all the new things released from mir you wouldnt called that your own work?

Status
Not open for further replies.