New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
very nice indeed.. when the game will be more developped i would really like to spot out some bugs of the game and help you out!

probably the hardest part will be completing the server side and bring it up to date with everything..

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
very very very nice one on the work. I am astounded in seeing this developed from scratch. Please keep this thread updated, as its quite interesting to see it progressing.

Omen/

Paine

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2004
England
got to say ever since i first saw this post ive been checkin everyday for updates and news for a beta test. i cannot wait to test bugs out on here but for the look of things theres going to be nothing to test rofl.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Haha, the thought of beta testing never occured to me, thanks for the idea I might do that in the next week or two.

Update: Object Vs Player Overlap ... complete.
Next: Collision detect.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
beta testing would be immense. I cant imagine how much time you spend on this per day. What do you do for occupation? are you a student. You seem to have alot of time if you don't mind me pointing out.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
beta testing would be immense. I cant imagine how much time you spend on this per day. What do you do for occupation? are you a student. You seem to have alot of time if you don't mind me pointing out.

Currently I am employed as a Game Developer (Limited to 25 hours a week), I can't code the Game For work since I am waiting for the graphics to be created by a co worker.

What I am doing in light of that is making this Client and Server for training purposes...

The time I spend, since the start of this project, I get up at 10AM, I finish at 3-4AM. I get between 6 - 7 hours sleep, the rest are chipping away at this.

Thats probably why it seems like it has been progressing quick/to targets.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
some people could call that sad lmfao, but I find it admirable.. you obviously really enjoy coding, and to start coding mir in C# is pretty impressive.. I hope you get somewhere with it! :) ohh. keep posting videos too!

Omen/

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
The only other person I have seen put in those kind of hours recently is Bon and his team... & look where they are now.

Stick to this and you could go far.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I thank you for the support, and everyone else for that matter.

I was recently asked if I would like a Sub-Section for this project, but I said I'm not sure if it qualifies as its only one person coding it, I did point out that it would be very beneficial.

This is an open question to anyone, Whats your opinion on this project, would it be better to have a SubSection?

and other news, collision detection is in place ( walls, doors) and are working fine, I have a Minor glitch every now and then when the map re-aligns its self. I will work on that one a bit later, as for now I am going to code the rest of the interface.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
The only other person I have seen put in those kind of hours recently is Bon and his team... & look where they are now.

Stick to this and you could go far.

there is many other ppl that put these kinda hours in that you dont see on here.

and as for this having its own forums would the code/files would have to be open for all help work on

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
there is many other ppl that put these kinda hours in that you dont see on here.

and as for this having its own forums would the code/files would have to be open for all help work on

JamieM said:
I do plan to release both the source + compiled versions but only after I have made attempt an to run a server, with these files.

The uses I have for a sub forum would be to list out, in more detail progression, also It would allow me to make topics for feedback and suggessions on what could be improved from anyone who has an opinion

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
some people could call that sad lmfao, but I find it admirable.. you obviously really enjoy coding, and to start coding mir in C# is pretty impressive.. I hope you get somewhere with it! :) ohh. keep posting videos too!

Omen/

I don't see why some people would think it's sad (Even though alot of people do) cause to have a useful talent like that is what will give you a brilliant future.

People might call him sad, but it's people like this guy who will be sitting in their mansions laughing at the dicks that called him sad

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Update:

Harvesting Animation - Complete.
Attack Animations (all 3) - Complete.
Cast animation - Complete
Walk before Run - Complete.
More interface added.
Dieing/struck animation and death.

Still have the slight minor positioning glitch, and a slight minor object overlay... nothing game breaking but it is annoying :p

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
nothings sad if u enjoy it, who cares wot others thing

unless ur a pedo like fubu

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
seen that as a exe someone released as a cheat for fourhero or OS lol

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Short Update:

Piccy:
legendofmirclient201004.png

List:
Elements Display (Yes Elements in Mir2)
Belt Display both Horizonal and Vertical
Stats Display (Small Moveable window displaying your stats)

Status
Not open for further replies.