New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Yeh i like that idea too lol.

Been on games before, been charged loads for an item (Not on mir lol) and found out it drops like sweets :P So this would be quite helpful especially if theres thousands of items ingame, you can see how common they really are.

However, i would suggest removing the "Junk" 1 from actual items, and put it on things such as Chestnuts an stuff.

Also,
Why are you guys saying the class thing is a bad idea? lol, it's clearly just an optional choice (If you actually payed attention to the screenshots) so you can choose to use it or not....

People seem to give Jamie alot of negative feedback on "optional" stuff lol

EDIT:
The refine....how can you have 7 levels but 9 refines? =P

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
So....thats how many refines left for that level of the item?

If thats the case surely the refine left count would work better as a single number?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Hows this :

client2010052523252643.png

Reason for both available and refines left lets people know how many refines can be done, and how many have been done.

PS. i have fixed the Typo in "Avialable"

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Kinda ok, but the hint message looks to busy, and the content's inside don't line up so kinda makes it look messy.

Might need some tweaking to get it spot on, but it is a start. =)

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Lay out of it looks fine to me tbh.

Jamie, see the % beside the item level, does that go up as you kill mobs? If so, n1 idea, means everyone gets something from grinding, even if they are unlucky.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Yeh that looks better than 2/9

But whats the Green number for? lol, i think just the 2 by itself is informative enough =P

EDIT:
I see the item your using as an example is a necklace, you have accessories refinable too or is it merely an image example?

Also, on Mir3 when the weapon was available for refine it kept giving that stupid message about not being able to gain anymore weapon exp, make sure you restrict that message to appear once....or at least not every single kill lol

Last edited:

Gemma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2006
will you be adding gamemaster to the items when its been made by gms ?

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Yeh that looks better than 2/9

But whats the Green number for? lol, i think just the 2 by itself is informative enough =P

EDIT:
I see the item your using as an example is a necklace, you have accessories refinable too or is it merely an image example?

Also, on Mir3 when the weapon was available for refine it kept giving that stupid message about not being able to gain anymore weapon exp, make sure you restrict that message to appear once....or at least not every single kill lol

I'm pretty sure Jamie said a while back that all kit items are refinable. Which is a nice choice, baring in mind that if you can refine a weapon, why not kit as well for your hard spent time levelling.

I agree on the refine message, just causes a lot of spam lol. Only option you really have with mir3 is remove that message from CMList.dat so it doesnt show it in game lol.

I'm guessing the +2 in green is the refine number not done. I.E the item level is 0, if you have a base amount of 2 refines available at level 0, and not done any and its not got any added -/+ stats, thats what is left? Correct me if I'm wrong Jamie

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I should have explained :p

I'll need to lay it out better I think, but the item normally has 7 refines (Level 7), once per level. The Lv 0refine count is 0, so the 2 (+2) can only mean it had dropped with 2 added refines.

You could have an Item which is 2/9, Base refine 2 and level 7 but you wouldn't know if it was added or now without the (+2)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Oh i get it now lol.

So not only do we now get added Stats/Dura on drops, theres also added refine drops? lol.

Now i know how it works....would the bonus part work better with the total refines?

e.g.
Lv.7 Weapon
9 Refines available (Original would have been 7 from what you said)

Might look better going Refines Left: 9 (+2)

Rather than putting it on the Available Refines for that level

spunky05

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 7, 2003
Smallville
why not just put all the basic item info the way its always been, but add an extra tab window for info about refines, repair history, previous owner etc etc

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
not been reading all but Available Refines: 2 Refines Left 9 ? contradiction there? lol sorry if i not catching something not read the last 20 pages lol

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Nah i think it's looks ok like that, if he adds multiple screens for a single item it would just be information overload lol.

The way he has it right now would be perfect i think, anymore info would make it tacky. Layout i think is ok too

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
not been reading all but Available Refines: 2 Refines Left 9 ? contradiction there? lol sorry if i not catching something not read the last 20 pages lol

If you can't be bothered to read the past 6- 10 posts why should I explain it again for you?

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
If you can't be bothered to read the past 6- 10 posts why should I explain it again for you?

I didn't ask you to, besides I apologized in advance for not reading up but who would want to read through 40 pages? All I wanted to know, which stated by my post was is it supposed to be like that, which Sonic said it looks ok. No need to be uptight about me asking a simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.