smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Not too keen tbh, but a good effort.

DOnt like the colours, the black border, or the text.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
black border is ****.

looks like you got an image, faded edges and given it a dark tinting.. Theres nothing "WOW THATS AMAZING" about it, neither is it "wow thats good"

It just looks ugly.

Nozomi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2007
South East, UK
Hmm, I'm not to sure. It's a bit dark. If it wasn't so central it would look better. Composition works in thirds. Does look a bit of a "rush job" standard image with a few fades and overlays. I'm probably wrong but just giving you my honest opinion.

Nice try. Practice makes perfect.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Thanks for input, smaviddavid there a fine line between construct cristism n just trying to put someone down. I'll highlight the keywork for you. Try put in a nicer way.

Nozomi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2007
South East, UK
If you are going to be negative, then try and put a positive after or suggest something that will maybe make it look better, in your opinion.

Eg In my opinion, I don't like it because it looks a bit amateurish. But I think if you move it around and played with some effects, lightened it, it could look better.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
It's not bad, it's not good.

People are saying it's very simple, but if you have a decent enough screen you can see work has been put into the background. Keep trying, you'll get better, work with some Curves. If you use photoshop and/or are interested you'll understand :)

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
It's not bad. Bit bland, needs more too it. Try not to work with brushes so much and use the render duplicates as your own background. Brushes will get you nowhere.

Vary your colour aswell! :)

Nozomi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2007
South East, UK
Oooo I like the new one but I love Mario so that might be why. Would be nice with some text in the blank space.

Nozomi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2007
South East, UK
My laptop died so I'm using a really old one I've borrowed off my other half, the new CS ones wont run on it and portable messed up. (When I closed it down all the brushes in the folder disappeared.) I think CS2 may run ok without crashing.

Nozomi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2007
South East, UK
God no its way old. Its XP but seriously old, runs games fine just throws a hissy fit at Photoshop.
Its a proper hand me down laptop, its older than 4 years I can tell you that much.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Text issues as many have said but also i've noticed you seem to enjoy darkening the image way too much. It's like you're afraid to make them brighter for some reason.

Try focusing on making a balanced one, that isn't too bright or too dark.

6/10