Thnx

\98-DarkLord-98 /\ 97-OutCasts-97

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Firstly stop with the thole {allaalal}{lalaP} it looks geh.

Geeze i hate being the simon cowell here but...

Ill just do bullet points

BAD POINTS
  • No Detail atall, except one or two things
  • To my eyes, all exact same tree
  • All buildings are stuck to walls
  • Extremly Basic

GOOD POINTS
  • None

Yep.. thats it, hate me for it but ohwell.

IMPROVEMENT
  • Add dirt paths, detail tiles, and small objects like pots, logs, some grass patches.
  • **CHECK ATTRIBUTES** Check you've done these
  • Use a variety of trees not just one (if you have only used one) Also dont lick straight down as you can see the lines of trees placed next to one another (example on right side at top)
  • Move all shops into 1 area, by having them in two areas, both area are extremely empty. If you put parks like outside BW weapon shop, it would fill it in nicely, but with a small map it wouldn't work. Also bring them off walls, its always fun running behind shops when Pking, and using them to hide from people who dont use mini map :p
  • On your walls by the bridge, try get a tree to cover the end where it suddenly ends, or take it back abit, add a gate, or tree, if you cant cover it up where it ends.

DONT let my comments push you away though, my first few maps were like this :)

Last edited:

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading

BAD POINTS
  • Extremly Basic

GOOD POINTS
  • None

IMPROVEMENT
  • Add dirt paths, detail tiles, and small objects like pots, logs, some grass patches.
  • Use a variety of trees not just one (if you have only used one) Also dont lick straight down as you can see the lines of trees placed next to one another (example on right side at top)
  • Move all shops into 1 area, by having them in two areas, both area are extremely empty. If you put parks like outside BW weapon shop, it would fill it in nicely, but with a small map it wouldn't work. Also bring them off walls, its always fun running behind shops when Pking, and using them to hide from people who dont use mini map :p
  • On your walls by the bridge, try get a tree to cover the end where it suddenly ends, or take it back abit, add a gate, or tree, if you cant cover it up where it ends.

i agree but in his defence he is like 12 so cant expect too much

twigletuk

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 17, 2005
Crewe Cheshire

15 you mean. and this is my 1st map! What do you expect me to be a pro at this?? I just wanted to see if i could make a simple map and i did. This map is 150 by 150... & i like my titals in brackets. whats wrong with that... i hate when people moan about a little thing.

I'm goin to have a second go.

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London

BAD POINTS
  • Extremly Basic

GOOD POINTS
  • None

IMPROVEMENT

cant u see he sed its his first map???
hes only 15 and u say stuff like dat

ur nice aint u

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
He asked for feedback most points stated are valid, But for a first map thats great. I have never had the patience to make a map. I think if you added some more detail and some other trees, this could be a good little map, You need to positon the buildings abit better though, spread them out abit and dont leave massive areas with nothing in them.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

you keep up ur abuse with this user Steve you will no longer be on Lomcn
i read alot where it seems you have a problem if so take it somewhere else

i dont care if hes 9 or 12 yrs hes trying what are you doing?

twigletuk

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 17, 2005
Crewe Cheshire
He asked for feedback most points stated are valid, But for a first map thats great. I have never had the patience to make a map. I think if you added some more detail and some other trees, this could be a good little map, You need to positon the buildings abit better though, spread them out abit and dont leave massive areas with nothing in them.

yeh true bud. ill try different trees xD and enlarge the place probs to 200 200 and put more detail shops and so on xD ill try this again :) thnx for your opinion and feed back!

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
you keep up ur abuse with this user Steve you will no longer be on Lomcn
i read alot where it seems you have a problem if so take it somewhere else

i dont care if hes 9 or 12 yrs hes trying what are you doing?
did you even read my post.
@ twiglet you could add a path or something amongst the trees might split it up abit maybe try make the town wider too
and the gap near the bottom left why not add a ginko tree or similar i'm sure theres other big tree but cant think of any off hand.
and the island thing i think would look better if the back wall was like straight

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
not bad for ur 1st map, but as said, needs details.. the tiles are so plain, add grass, trees, random things, any thing

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
cant u see he sed its his first map???
hes only 15 and u say stuff like dat

ur nice aint u

Read the last line of my post muppet.

15 you mean. and this is my 1st map! What do you expect me to be a pro at this?? I just wanted to see if i could make a simple map and i did. This map is 150 by 150... & i like my titals in brackets. whats wrong with that... i hate when people moan about a little thing.

I'm goin to have a second go.

No need to get defensive... as i said my first maps were not so amazing, ill find mine and link them to here. But whats point in posting a reply where i don't tell you where faults are.

Also did you do attributes?? As they would be key thing to learn about before you do your second map.

I wasn't moaning about your brackets, i was stating it looked geh. lolz.

Edit:
All maps off my old account As you can see even my maps sucked.. and there was alot more before them i never shared.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
To be honest, it's a decent first map. Better than i cando, as I get pissed off when attempting to make a map!

Just keep at it, start experimenting with other things and you will get better.