New Town

Join Discord

solvent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 24, 2006
On The Sun
Just wondering what you guys think of this town iv been working for 2days lol ent got much time atm, this is my atempt of making a better BW :) as i think the current one boring now lol :D

the main town on the middle right, the buildings are the same and simlar to the layout of Bichon town.

Top Left is a Cliff type area you have to walk round and up to get to the top where this is 2 entrances to caves

Bottom Left village is starter town

Middle Right town is the main town

Bottom Middle is some farm type area ent sure yet lol :P

maybe a few pointers on what i can do with the spare space? or if some looks crap ? -.-

what you think ? :)

http://img269.imageshack.us/i/mymap1.jpg/

mymap1.jpg

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
First off ill start on the main town, I do like the layout, dislike all the trees. You need more subtle details, tracks on ground, bushes, rocks, crates, possibly you've added these, but i cant see many. You have put some tile changes to the Dark brown cliff base in the town I've seen. The tree's just make it look extremely busy.. and 'over grown. The final dislike about the town is the big exit, and one corner join. This is possibly down to preference of how maps are done though.

Couple of tips for it:
  • Look at the big shops (jewlers, weapons, armour) There is mistakes on them, yuo will notice when you look.
  • Re position lights flames, check on 0.map to find the correct position of flames, im 90% sure you've placed them wrong.
  • Check attributes, i don't usually, but they are incorrect according to Korean Standard, even though the files your using are from the creator. (I'm on about the shops)
  • Make paths smaller, possible replace with a brown brick (one used @ SW) and make it curvy, and not so "precise" i went through a phrase of this, its a right bugger, to make it perfect, and isnt worth the hastle.

Now the remaining map.. you've placed objects too close to the edge, when people walk to these they will see the end of the world, a big black line. So try in future maps to set a border.. which will make it look like the map carrys on. E.g
| &- = Map edges
# = Border; tree's, cliff, rivers, walls.
-------------
|########|
|#______ _#|
|#______ _#|
|#______ _#|
|########|
------------

As i said this just makes map look neater and more 'professional'. I do love the top cliffs though, looks nice. There is many more niggles, i wont mention those though, as you may fix them, due to maps incompletion. My last thing is.. personally hate bit below the main town with tiles, looks ugly and tacky lol.

But i'd prever to give an all-round rating on a completed map, so until then I'll jst say, it looks good, try look at things I've pointed out.. and i'm sure it'll be an excelent map.

Also what is the map size? it looks very big.. and i think that's where you went wrong big time, small maps = the better ones. As many people say "size doesn't mapper" (Awful joke, i know)