Request NewProject

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Hello,

I am looking to start either a Heroes or C# Med rate server.

If possible i would like people's advise on which would be the best bet, also if anyone is interested in doing a little work with me it would be much appreciated. There are 2 of us so far.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
C# may still have a lot of bugs with it, but I have always hated Heroes, I just find when I play a heroes server it feels really bad, don't ask me why. However C# files just feel smooth as anything when playing on them.

If you have some C# knowledge I would go with them.

Roar

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Mar 4, 2015
Please don't make a Heroes server, just let them very very bad files die please >.< I would just wait a month or so untill #C are less buggy then start building a server. ( Or start making your content now then change to updated less buggy files )

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Heroes are terrible. I'd go with C#. But there's just a couple of things that put me of C# until a later version comes out.

Heroes probably has more bugs then C# if I'm honest. One of them is that Slow on monsters ups there a.speed/movement speed quite rapidly.

+ On the other hand C# are always being updated while Heroes is left to rot.

C# 1 - Heroes 0

-Ash

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
You can hardly string a sentence together, how do you expect people to play your server. How's your server doing now mate? Oh yeh it's down being wiped because your a moron.

As for cheater, i've never logged on your server, I seen the way you spoke to all your members on LOMCN and how you didn't listen to what they wanted and now look how it is for you, wiped and nobody will be coming back.

Also you was part of TGA one of the most shitty repped server's in lomcn history, even got refused by admins here to advertise due the teams shitty attitude.

First of all, i was never a part of TGA team i only helped with 2-3 scripts with mythrohan and that does not makes me a part of their team
and my server is nothing of your business and i am very sure if i put it back up right now you will be the first to join as it concerns you the most lol
you always watch me out where do i post so you can still talk to me about my server, you sir are a pathetic person.

anyway i don't have to justify myself to you as you are my last concern, just keep an eye on me where ever i post and work hard on your sentences as i am your 1st priority :p.

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
You can hardly string a sentence together, how do you expect people to play your server. How's your server doing now mate? Oh yeh it's down being wiped because your a moron.

As for cheater, i've never logged on your server, I seen the way you spoke to all your members on LOMCN and how you didn't listen to what they wanted and now look how it is for you, wiped and nobody will be coming back.

Also you was part of TGA one of the most shitty repped server's in lomcn history, even got refused by admins here to advertise due the teams shitty attitude.

i normaly stay out of peoples business but you sir are a very annoying person with only bad posts and comments about others.
i dunno what happend between you 2 and honestly its none of my business but keep it to yourself and please stop focusing on one specific person.
if you do have some sort of problem with him keep the honor to yourself and be the better person because atm your comments reflect badly uppon you.
it almost looks like you just made a lomcn account to hurt this guys credibility in anyway you can.
you talk about lomcn history but i wonder if you know anything about it at all.

in my honest oppinion a mod/admin should straighten you out and slap you on your wrists for being a complete dick.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
If I was a Mod right now I would be clearing these useless posts that could be taken to PMs.

I would also delete this post as it's kind of pointless :D

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Would any moderator of this forum please give this person an infraction or deal with these posts which r none less than harassment and being rude?

Nobody likes a tell tale.

To OP; Use C# or atleast play with them until theyre more stable to get used to them. There are very experienced coders and server providers floating around also looking for a team to work these files, preacher and bon being the two more acclaimed. Worth a pm.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
From what's available right now as someone who is not a coder, the best files by far are Heroes.
C# are extremely limited in being able to expand any form of in game content that doesn't fit into the euro template.

Roar

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Mar 4, 2015
From what's available right now as someone who is not a coder, the best files by far are Heroes.
C# are extremely limited in being able to expand any form of in game content that doesn't fit into the euro template.

2.3 TD files > Hero's, Cheat's are 2 easily gotten on hero filles everybody knows the code how to bypass kick for heroes. Also lets not forget if you ACPI on xp on heroes its like having cheats on.. Slow problems etc, Heroes are not the way to go.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If I was a Mod right now I would be clearing these useless posts that could be taken to PMs.

I would also delete this post as it's kind of pointless :D

But you're too busy, just like the rest of us.

Roar banned for abusing the system. Return to your original account

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I would say say go with the C# files. I'm not saying this because I use them but mainly because they have the most activity on them at present. The C# open source team seem to be developing these file for all to use and not for their own gain.

The only downside to it at the moment is there is still a lot to be done to get them bug free. There are also going to be bugs in there which can't be found by the C# dev team. They can only be found on well populated servers.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Thankyou for all the replies bar the useless flaming of people.

I have already started work on the C# files trying to familiarise myself with the Code and Files.

Like i say if anyone is interested then by all means drop me a PM with what you know or can bring to the project.

I would also be willing to pay a coder to either show me a few things or to add some special content.

Thankyou

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Thankyou for all the replies bar the useless flaming of people.

I have already started work on the C# files trying to familiarise myself with the Code and Files.

Like i say if anyone is interested then by all means drop me a PM with what you know or can bring to the project.

I would also be willing to pay a coder to either show me a few things or to add some special content.

Thankyou

Do you plan to stick to the open source or branch off and make it custom?

Also I'm sure if you ask in the C# section for any assistance before deciding to pay a coder you might save yourself a few quid. Coders are expensive :tongue:.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Nail on the head here.
While i understand the aim of using official as a benchmark, and far + the rest of the guys working on it are doing a fantastic job to reach that goal, It needs to be taken less literal than it currently is, else you run the risk of the files becoming another set like ruby.

This is a small community of custom developers/players, the files are all aiming to reproduce euro/official but how many euro clones can it support? by making the files as diverse/custom as possible it would equate to potentially more unique servers.

to the OP, as ADV pointed out - Bon (who's server is nearing completion) and Preacher (recently made a similar topic to this) are both looking for teams/members

Last edited:

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Nail on the head here.
While i understand the aim of using official as a benchmark, and far + the rest of the guys working on it are doing a fantastic job to reach that goal, It needs to be taken less literal than it currently is, else you run the risk of the files becoming another set like ruby.

This is a small community of custom developers/players, the files are all aiming to reproduce euro/official but how many euro clones can it support? by making the files as diverse/custom as possible it would equate to potentially more unique servers.

Sorry but I strongly disagree with this. These files can easily be changed to suit any custom content you want. I'm pretty sure myself and DK have proven that. What Far and his team are doing is getting a standard set of files together so that anyone can expand on them if they wish to do so. What is the point in them adding unique custom features? That is for the server owners to work on.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Sorry but I strongly disagree with this. These files can easily be changed to suit any custom content you want. I'm pretty sure myself and DK have proven that. What Far and his team are doing is getting a standard set of files together so that anyone can expand on them if they wish to do so. What is the point in them adding unique custom features? That is for the server owners to work on.
I can respect your opinion, but what your forgetting is you and DK can edit the code, a large potion of this community don't know how to, nor are willing to learn, this is their own fault true, but it doesn't change the fact that the larger potion of the community want highly custom files.

The most successful set of files was TD's 2.3, sure they was built similar to official but they was highly custom even without the access to the code, which is why we saw a huge amount of unique servers come from them.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I've said from the beginning that the c# files will be made more customisable - once they're up to correct standards.

It would be stupid and destined to fail if I added custom features before even the most basic systems were finished. So instead of making a set of half complete files that everyone can customise but not use, i'm doing the sensible thing and getting it up to the official standards everyone needs.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
I've said from the beginning that the c# files will be made more customisable - once they're up to correct standards.

It would be stupid and destined to fail if I added custom features before even the most basic systems were finished. So instead of making a set of half complete files that everyone can customise but not use, i'm doing the sensible thing and getting it up to the official standards everyone needs.

That's good to hear, i do still think some of the features added are very unlikely to be used in private servers, but that's my personal opinion.