Nintendo Switch Roms

smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I'm looking for some where to download Roms for the Switch.
Loads of results on google, all dodgy looking and full of ads and the usual popup bull.

Anyone on here know the best place to find them?

Reactions: Pusha

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Watching this as i'm about to buy one of these :P

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
If you guys pm me on discord I've got a reliable source for these, if you can help me get set up on installing them.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
If you buy a switch make sure you buy an early model. CEX is good as you can view the serial numbers before a purchase. There’s an early batch of switches that can be jailbroken easily with a small plastic jig. This jailbreak can not be patched by Nintendo due to it being a hardware oversight and not something they can push a software update to fix.

Serial number list

Nintendo Switch RCM Jig

Tutorial

Reactions: Pusha

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
If you guys pm me on discord I've got a reliable source for these, if you can help me get set up on installing them.
I can't help you as I'm going to be running them on a Steam Deck Emulator rather than a Jailbroken Switch.

I can however point you in the direction of an Emulator and how to get this running (I think I have mine ready, I just need a ROM to test :P)

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
If you buy a switch make sure you buy an early model. CEX is good as you can view the serial numbers before a purchase. There’s an early batch of switches that can be jailbroken easily with a small plastic jig. This jailbreak can not be patched by Nintendo due to it being a hardware oversight and not something they can push a software update to fix.

Serial number list

Nintendo Switch RCM Jig

Tutorial

So from what I understand you don't need to Jailbrake them anymore like the old DS R4's there is a smart card called the MIG Switch which you just download games chuck them on the memory card put it into the MIG then put the card into the switch and your good to go.

I haven't done much research into them so its possible that they could patch against them but from what I saw someone said that they are undetectable. I don't actually have a switch though I have been thinking of buying one and if I do I'll probably get one of these cards simply because the prices they charge for games are daylight robbery.

If they were creating solid quality games like BG3, FF16, Palworld they are worth the price you pay but there are very few quality games worth the price they charge for them. at same time I've got over 50 games in my steam account so I may just buy a steamdeck in the future.

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
So from what I understand you don't need to Jailbrake them anymore like the old DS R4's there is a smart card called the MIG Switch which you just download games chuck them on the memory card put it into the MIG then put the card into the switch and your good to go.

I haven't done much research into them so its possible that they could patch against them but from what I saw someone said that they are undetectable. I don't actually have a switch though I have been thinking of buying one and if I do I'll probably get one of these cards simply because the prices they charge for games are daylight robbery.

If they were creating solid quality games like BG3, FF16, Palworld they are worth the price you pay but there are very few quality games worth the price they charge for them. at same time I've got over 50 games in my steam account so I may just buy a steamdeck in the future.
Ouch for nintendo, I thought it was only possible using a jailbreak and maybe homebrew

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@Jev MIG Thats the video I watched he didn't really talk about the fact you can download games from internet he said he bought one to backup the games he owns and have them all stored on 1 cartriage but I mean he has to say that or else nintendo could probably get the video taken down I guess.

I'd guess there are other versions of the cards too some better than others.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
@Jev MIG Thats the video I watched he didn't really talk about the fact you can download games from internet he said he bought one to backup the games he owns and have them all stored on 1 cartriage but I mean he has to say that or else nintendo could probably get the video taken down I guess.

I'd guess there are other versions of the cards too some better than others.
Yea a new Playstation 2 Memory card exploit that works in the same way came out not too long ago, that allows the use of an sd card

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

They all say that. As you say, for copyright laws.
Watch any Emulation tutorial and they have all removed links to things such as BIOS (Legally, you must be extracting this from your own console).

Emulation and even these "cards" are totally legal... If you own said console and the software for it.

No one who uses Emulation has all these games :LOL:

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
The only issue with this is you need to limit your play to offline. The moment you play one online and are detected they brick your Switch so it can't be used online again.

They all say that. As you say, for copyright laws.
Watch any Emulation tutorial and they have all removed links to things such as BIOS (Legally, you must be extracting this from your own console).

Emulation and even these "cards" are totally legal... If you own said console and the software for it.

No one who uses Emulation has all these games :LOL:
There are ways around this for the likes of P2/PS3 to gain a BIOS. I previously done this for a PS2 Emulator on my Xbox Series X by essentially setting up a very early version (20GB/60GB version) of a PS3 emulation and extracting the BIOS from the emulation to use as a PS2 BIOS.

Can't be sure that there are similar ways like this around other platforms, but there a lot of clued up people out there that find a way.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
The only issue with this is you need to limit your play to offline. The moment you play one online and are detected they brick your Switch so it can't be used online again.

Are you sure that they can detect it could have sworn when I watched it a month or so back the guy said it couldn't detect if it was a copy, also If your going to online game on a switch then personally buying a proper copy makes sense to me as your likely investing a lot more time into it than say a zelda game or something.

also this bricking rumour was around in PSP, DS, DSI, 3DS, PSP Vita and personally I never experienced it with my PSP or 3DS and even those who said they did had methods to fix them. don't get me wrong it may be possible for them to screw with your console on the switch but could be fake properganda and even if it isn't there will be a work around for it either now or in the future.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Are you sure that they can detect it could have sworn when I watched it a month or so back the guy said it couldn't detect if it was a copy, also If your going to online game on a switch then personally buying a proper copy makes sense to me as your likely investing a lot more time into it than say a zelda game or something.

also this bricking rumour was around in PSP, DS, DSI, 3DS, PSP Vita and personally I never experienced it with my PSP or 3DS and even those who said they did had methods to fix them. don't get me wrong it may be possible for them to screw with your console on the switch but could be fake properganda and even if it isn't there will be a work around for it either now or in the future.
Yeah they must be able to, assumingly it's to do with the license attached to the ROM.

I'm part of a Switch modding community on social media and there's always switches being sold that can no longer play online due to it.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Martyn

Smir.co.uk