No Notice

Paine

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2004
England
I have followed to guide on setting up the 3.55 files everything loads up fine, can login, create a character but then the game wont bring up the notice thing before i can get ingame and it just waits there.

I have been told to check all ips and server name, i have done all this and all ips are set for 127.0.0.1.

I have searched through all the 3.55 related topics and been unable to find anything to help me and i have been stuck at this stage for a few days now.

I dont plan on making a stupid x28369 exp server, i just want to get a test server up so i can test out scripts and ideas but for some reason it just wont let me ingame.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
no notice...

DB Server's INI not setup correctly...
should be
127.0.0.1,127.0.0.1:7200

or client not compatible?

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Probably silly question but are you are trying to connect using the same PC as the server is hosted on? If it's another PC in a network you may need to open ports in firewall(s)/router.

I'm sure myself and a few others would be happy to remote connect and check everything out for you if need be :)

Upvote 0

Paine

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2004
England
Probably silly question but are you are trying to connect using the same PC as the server is hosted on? If it's another PC in a network you may need to open ports in firewall(s)/router.

I'm sure myself and a few others would be happy to remote connect and check everything out for you if need be :)

trying on same PC m8 will pm u my msn so u can remote connect and look

Upvote 0

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
What order have u started ur server in? because the screnies tabs show u strted server up in wrong order.

Upvote 0

-Viper-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2005
Does 3.55 need any external files installed / running in order to play like mir 2 did with XP ?

When I had trouble with no notice there it was a case of matching IP's ; Servernames ; Reg Keys, then it was sweet as pie. I have never tried 3.55 but Job was no trouble.

Viper

Upvote 0

Paine

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2004
England
The error was because the starting map was not on map info.txt sorted now thanks to chimera

Upvote 0